Sunday, August 6, 2023

Weekend

I figured I'd do a weekend post this time since I finally got to play with a little yellow this afternoon. I had planned to play yesterday, but I had nudged the boy to attack, I mean trim the front bushes while I was at horses with Emily. He had started before a quick rain storm went through. I decided to go out and help him in the afternoon by weeding the front triangle bed and then loading and hauling one truck load to the recycle yard waste and the second bed went into the back burn pile. It looks a lot better after a few hours of attention. Still more to do but that will wait for another day. The neighbors will be happy they can see down the road of cars coming since the tree got trimmed of the low hanging branches as well.


Mr. Snow Frosty got a little bit of hand stitching added this week but not much. I hope the lines come out ok, since they have been marked for a week now. 


I needed a spot to lay out the kites I have been making with the RSC this year and went with the bed. Ollie was supervising. 



He did nothing to keep Peanut off the blocks though!

What a big stretch!


Saturday was horses for Emily and here she is rinsing off Lance after her lesson. They were riding without stirrups so that her riding buddy could work on her posture and positioning in the saddle. Emily was able to walk, trot and canter with this big guy just fine!

The trainer wanted a photo of the girls and the horses would not look the right way, so another helper was off to the side jumping up and down and trying to get the horses attention. It got big smiles from both of the girls. 

The boy is off to Grandma's today. I have to go pick him up later... and might have mentioned if they decided on Mexican for dinner to let me know and I'll go down early! We will see. 
Emily has Freshman orientation for school tomorrow to get her schedule and walk around the school a bit. They start on Thursday. It will be interesting to see how they do getting up early again. It has been close to noon for both of them the last week. 
Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge where we are playing with yellows for the month of August.

 

5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I kept cool by embroidery some Christmas patterns this afternoon-one of them was a snowman with a shovel--they are from Melisa, too--she has given 3 sets of 4 and I have 2 sets done now--race is on a 2nd rain delay--so will see where that goes in a bit--
hopefully your lines will come easily on your snowman block--!
always nice when yard work gets done--
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cats are a hoot, checking out your kite blocks! Cats and fabric always crack me up. Can't believe it's time for school to start again, already! Hope they both have a great beginning this week.

CathieJ said...

The kites look so pretty. I like Frosty too. He brings some cooling vibes to this hot summer. School doesn't start until September here in NY. I'm retired, but Hubby still has his university classes to teach. I can't even imagine sleeping until noon. I have always been an early riser. Glad you were able to get to the weeding and trimming. Sounds like you did a whole lot of it. Have a great week!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your kite RSC quilt looks great and seems to be cat approved! The quilting on the snowmen is coming along nicely!

Julierose said...

Frosty is so cute!! Nice quilting on those blocks...
Gosh school prep already? My daughter's college bound kids go on the 28th...
Summer really does seem short, doesn't it? Great photos....hugs, Julierose