Thursday, August 31, 2023

OMG Challenge - success!

 My goal for August was to piece all the blocks for the Christmas Cactus Wreath and get it to a top stage. I'm happy to say, despite kids starting school and a hurricane I got it completed today. I don't see any glaring mistakes, either! This project is part of the unbegun challenge on Ravelry. I hope to have this completed by the end of the year. Actually, I'm hoping to have it completed by the end of November so I can hang it on the wall for December this year. 


Now to figure out how I want to quilt this one. Any ideas?

Oh, we were very fortunate in Ocala. Just mild wind and a little rain. No damage or even limbs down near us. Emily and I headed to Lady Lake to check on my FIL - who was fine as was his property as well. My MIL in Inverness was also good with a few limbs down that she already picked up. She lost power for an hour or so Wednesday afternoon. There is a lot of damage and flooding on the coast and hopefully those folks will be able to get back on their feet soon. 




5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so pretty, Deb! I love the colors and design. You really got on that one and got it done! So glad to hear you didn't have any damage from Idalia, too. It seems like it went through really fast.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Glad all the family is ok and all the property-
and oh my--I love your quilt--it almost makes me want to make one too--but--I have too many squirrels running around here now!!
hugs, di

Julierose said...

Your quilt looks just lovely;))) what a nice job you did on this one!!
Glad to hear you didn't have a lot of damage. Hugs, Julierose

Ray and Jeanne said...

This quilt will be great to have out in December. It's really pretty! Good luck getting it completed this fall. ~Jeanne

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Deb, I am so glad that all is well in your neck of the woods. Your quilt looks amazing. Woo Hoo on meeting your goal.