Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Idalia watch

 Just another interesting week in Florida! It is going into peak hurricane time and we have one headed this way. I am pretty far inland and right now, out of the cone in  SW Ocala. However, mother nature does what she wants so who knows. This is also a big storm and effects will be felt outside of the cone. 

We are prepped and are fine. (Well, the kids need to do the final pick up outside and put things into the shed this morning but that won't take long once they finally wake up).  I will be filling jugs of water today and I'll make a carafe of coffee tonight, just in case we lose power. Blocks of ice have been made in the big freezer in Tupperware containers. Car is gassed up and a gas can is filled for the very small generator we have. 

Kids are off school today and tomorrow. 

Might I get a little sewing in tonight? We will see.

It was difficult to concentrate yesterday so not much work got done. I did head out for an early lunch yesterday to top off the car gas tank. I went at a good time. The lines started as I pulled out of the station and by last night when Aidan drove to guitar, there were bags on the handles at the gas station. 



3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I hope Idalia goes easy on Florida, but glad to know you're prepared. My sister-in-law and her husband live on the opposite side of Ocala from you, I think. Mike was talking to her the other day, but I don't know if they do all the things you listed to be ready, just in case. I hope so! Stay safe!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like there is nothing for you to do now but wait and see how strong of a strong you get. Hope the winds won't be bad and that you don't loose your power

Chantal said...

I pray you stay safe and away from the strong winds. ;^)