Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Omg progress

 


I did manage to get the first 16 blocks completed for this quilt. I have 2 more types of blocks to create, but those are a lot less complicated than these. I do have a stack of HST's in red/white and green/white from making all these blocks. I wonder what they will become after I trim them up?

Kids are early release today at school. After bringing the boy for a much needed hair cut, maybe I can cut out and sew up the next set of blocks needed.

The neighbor just came over and showed me a video he took in the middle of the night. A black bear in our back woods, probably trying to get to the chickens. I just went out and there are still 7 as expected, but it explains the skittishness of the littles since I think he was closer to their coop than the big girls coop. We will join them together this afternoon and get them all into the big coop tonight for safety.
Good thing the kids will be home this afternoon so they can supervise while we mingle them together.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh wow a bear so near - yes you better get those chicks altogether and hope they will be safe. One always hears about the bears being out but to get a photo of it almost in your backyard is something else!
Love the quilt blocks

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, that is really pretty, Deb! I love that design. You're making good progress! Wow on the bear - is that a first? Glad your chickens are all okay!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my goodness--I am beginning to think we are getting more bears that people everywhere--can't believe the blog post where bloggers are showing us bears and cubs around their homes and on the porches!!!
Quilt blocks look great--
hope the blending of the two chicken groups goes well-
hugs, di

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your blocks look amazing, Deb. Oh my a bear! Do be careful when you are out.