Saturday, August 19, 2023

RSC split nines

 I got 4 of my 8 split nines sewn up this morning. I then attempted to lay them out for a photo. Peanut and Ollie thought I needed supervision. Peanut kept moving to whichever blocks I laid down to help 'hold them down'. Such a good helper he is! NOT.



No horses this weekend and next weekend as the trainer is on a bit of a vacation visiting her kids up north. It is nice to be able to sleep in on a Saturday after a long night on Friday. The first preseason football game was held at the high school last night. It ran a bit late due to the opposing team arriving a bit late. Emily had fun playing tunes in the stands with the band and had a great time.

Linking up with the RSC on Saturday.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like the cats don't want you to work on quilts!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Pretty blocks and I love how the kitties want to be close to you and whatever you are doing. I'm glad you are getting a tiny break too.

Julierose said...

Love those split nines on the diagonal like that...so pretty--I see your helper approved...hahaha
Lovely day up here for a nice change--cool breezes and low humidity. I spent the
morning on our deck after our walk and plan on more deck sitting--
sloth-style ;)))--this afternoon--have to do it while we can...;)))

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh I do remember fur balls helping me lay out quilt blocks and putting puzzles together--they were always right in the middle of everything--unless company came and if someone knocked on the door--you always stood back a minute first cause 2 flying fur balls would sail past me to the bathroom closet--and hide till it was safe to come out again!!!
enjoy them--
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The cats are so funny on your design bed! In spite of their "help," your split 9s look great together! It's hard to believe that it's time for high school football already. Seems awfully hot for football!

Jenny said...

Cats always love to "help" and they take their duties very seriously!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your kitties are such good helpers! Your blocks are looking good!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Peanut and Ollie ( cute names ) are doing a fabulous job holding those quilt blocks down and surveying your progress. Lol. Your blocks look beautiful, Deb- another block that I want to put on my to do list. This is a busy time of the year. So nice to hear that you were able to sleep in this Saturday . Have a great weekend. Hugs

Susie H said...

I don't understand what it is about cats needing to "supervise" our quilt layouts! Hahaha! Enjoy your no-horses Saturday mornings. That busyness will resume in no time!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW kind of the cats to assist with your quilting, Deb!