Sunday, August 27, 2023

Weekends....

 It has been a long week! It sounds like the one coming up should be interesting with the new Idalia being named and looking to visit mid week. We have pretty much everything we need from previous years prepping so other than pinning down the new chicken cage and taking down the car port to shade my car, we are pretty much set. We are in the 'cone' but live inland a bit so don't really expect any real issues where we are. The kids are hoping to get a day or two off school, but we will see. They can't run the busses on the roads if winds are greater than 40 mph. 


I did a little sewing this afternoon after watching the F1 race in the Netherlands with my son this morning. Lots of rain showers made for a very exciting race. I wandered into the sewing room and cut out and sewed the second block I needed for my OMG for August. 



After running to pick up lunch things for the kids for the week, I hope to cut and piece the third block. Might it get to a top today? Maybe, but if not, I still have a few days before the end of the month.



I had some broccoli and some Cabot cheddar cheese so I made myself some broccoli cheddar soup on Friday night. The boys opted for publix subs. Emily had a sub at school for her dinner as well with a football game to play at with the marching band. Aidan needed some nighttime driving, so he drove to the school to pick her up for 10:30 on Friday night. He did really good! She even let him drive home, after months of complaining she doesn't want to be in a car with him driving until he has his license! A cop actually followed him from the school to almost home - about 20 minutes! He was calm and did good.

I plan to add some stitches to frosty tonight.  I keep forgetting to grab a photo of the knitting in the car. I have needles and some dish yarn in the middle console. I've got half of one done in the car wait time this week. 10-15 minutes here and there add up.

Linking up with the slow Sunday stitchers.


 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

to bad about the cop following your kid all the way home, that must have made him nervous but yet at the same time careful. Hope the hurricane won't be bad, one of my brothers lives on the coast of SC and it looks like he will be going through it too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blocks for the OMG quilt are looking good! Hope you got some time in on it today. Broccoli and Cheese soup sounds delicious! No one else in my family would eat it either, though. Glad your boy is doing well with his driving - that is such a big thing in a kid's life!

Ray and Jeanne said...

I hope you guys don't get hit by Idalia and I'm glad you won't have to do too much to get ready. I do like the blocks you are making go August. Glad the officer didn't bother Aiden while he was driving. My son, an officer, said to just remember they are often just driving someplace and not really following you. It's great that Aiden can keep his cool! ~Jeanne

Julierose said...

Good that you are prepared in case that storm hits your area--hope you stay safe there...
Wasn't the F1 Race fascinating? The whole weekend was, in fact. Happy to see Gasley up in the points;)))
Love your OMG blocks--so pretty...
Take care hugs, Julierose

CathieJ said...

Hope Idalia doesn't give you too much trouble. So glad your son is doing well with the driving. I like the fabrics in your quilt blocks. Frosty is looking great.