Friday, November 24, 2023

Friday

We had a nice Thanksgiving day yesterday. My MIL and her hubby came over and it was a beautiful weather day. Temps were in the upper 60's which is a cold front for us, but I love these temps! That meant the annual game of HORSE after the meal. We followed it up with PIG and IT. I think I won the PIG and was first out on IT. Keep in mind, Grandma turned 80 in August. My FIL opted not to come over. He did not want us to go over later in the day either.... so we'll take the kids over on Saturday to do a cone pick up on his yard and visit and bring some food over to him. The church group should be dropping a meal off to him today.



After they headed home, hubby and I watched Mystery Alaska on Tubi and I got some stitching time in! One more seam all set to stitch to have the top section ready. You can tell, no pressing has happened yet! This has been a well-travelled project. A couple trips to Vermont, lots of activities and events and it finally got some attention. I believe all the parts for the 3rd block are cut and in a baggie. I know marking lines need to be added to them, but the hard part is done.



My plans for today - head to Lowes and buy paint! Today is the day to prep and start painting a couple of walls inside the house. It's been 12 years since we moved in and now that the hole (2020 Greg's head hit by the floor when he passed out from back pain) is patched and dried and textured, I am ready to get it done. Having a tall person home to do the high ceiling part helps. Once that is done (2 coats I know), then we can Christmas the house up!

I'll find a few moments to stitch that seam and pin and start stitching the bottom sections together, I hope.
Wishing you all a nice Friday. 




4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good luck with the painting!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

My sister-in-law in Ocala called Mike on Weds and was talking about how nice the weather was down there - but I think we were having similar temperatures. Of course, today it is snowing here - I guess they don't mind missing that, lol! Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. Enjoy your painting project today!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Looks and sounds like you and the family had a nice day--
I just turned on my heat here--yep--the heat --my apartment happens to be on the 3rd floor at the end of the front wing here--and it is over the first drive through--so there is no apartment under me to help keep my apartment warm--and my floors get soooo cold--and there is alot of dampness in the air--no sun today!!!!
hugs, di

Julierose said...

Everyone just left and we had a great day--but are just totally exhausted!!
We've been going since Tuesday in preparation...I think hosting sit down dinners for 12 has "left the station" for us...
we will be in recuperation mode for the weekend--watching Abu Dhabi--the final race of the season...P H E W....
Hugs, Julierose