Sunday, November 5, 2023

Sunday....

 My hand stitching today during the F1 race in Brazil will be the purple binding on the hearts wall hanging! It is 32x39. I just did simple straight line stitching along each of the blocks. It is happy to be an almost completed quilt.



This is the boys yesterday. Ollie enjoys being on top of poor Peanut. 


If the binding gets done, then I'll switch back to the Bear Paw side setting triangles. I have one done of 6. Linking up with the slow Sunday stitchers at Kathy's Quilts.


I did not get a good photo, but this is what I got thanks to the girls Mom! Jasilynn in blue (Emily's buddy since 6th grade when they met in school), her sister Addy and then Emily with a smile!
She had a great time at the Homecoming dance and is very happy she went to hang out with her friends. It was quite a busy birthday for me yesterday (51 Shhh)  with this girl! I did get to sleep in, since Greg took her to horses early so she could help in the barn before her lesson.  He returned with a beautiful bunch of colorful roses for me.  I went to get her, and grabbed lunch on the way home. Then out to find a purse for the night for her and some treats for the dog. Back home and then off to Outback to have a dinner (I was not hungry at all after lunch!) before their dance with her friends family. Addy drove the girls to the school. I picked up Emily a bit before 11. Today should be a little less running around, I think. I've already gotten sewing time in finishing the quilting I started last night and made and attached the binding,  a dog got walked and hand stitching time will start soon with the race at noon our time.


Side note, I'm very thankful for the fraud department on my credit card. I tried using it last night and it declined so I swapped to my other card and didn't think much of it. This morning, I had a message from the card fraud department asking me to call them. I did and confirmed some purchases but not 2 that they tagged as fraudulent. I confirmed they were not me and they have now cancelled my card, put in a refund on those 2 charges and are sending me a new one. I'll have to make some calls mid-week to reset up some of the auto things with the new numbers and information. Very thankful they have that in place to check and handle it on their end. May you have a restful Sunday.

5 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy happy birthday, Deb. It sounds like you had a wonderful day; it is nice to sleep in especially on your birthday and then to be greeted with roses- how sweet. Emily and her friends look darling all dressed and ready for the homecoming. It is so nice to hear that they had a great time. They grow up fast don't they? Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

linda said...

Your quilt is lovely. Belated Happy Birthday, it sounds like you had a busy day. I'm glad you got a refund on your card there is so much fraudulent activity going on at the moment and it seems to be getting worse. Have a great week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like some happy girls, too, and E's dress is really pretty. I love your purple hearts quilt - enjoy your binding stitching today!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects you are working on. I am thankful for the fraudulent department too, I had a similar situation several months ago. Happy stitching!

Julierose said...

What an exciting race today--unbelievable start--and finish--so happy that Alonso got 3rd and Norris 2nd!! We thoroughly enjoyed it all...
Good save on your card--we've had similar fraud alerts...
Happy Birthday...hugs, Julierose