Sunday, November 26, 2023

Sunday

I was able to finish this Harmony block this week. It is hand pieced and finishes at 28 inches. This was a 2021 sew along with Patty Dudek and Kristin Esser.  This is my second block of 4 to make the 56 inch quilt. The reds and tans will be different in each block.


This is the first block finished in 2021.




I took the bag with me to horses Saturday after marking all my stitching lines on Friday night. All the parts for the corner sections are stitched. At horses I was able to add the HST to the rectangle while chatting with other parents for the lesson before.
 

They were down to 2 horses with the others gone to a show and 2 others left behind lame this morning. Poor Reba and Ellwood got the brunt of the lessons. They were both in western saddles, so Emily rode western yesterday instead of English. 


 I had lots of prep work on Friday cleaning walls and prepping for painting. Then the kids went to Grandma's to help her Christmas her house. Since that was my tall person for the high parts (I dislike heights), I delayed painting by a day. The first coat took over 3 hours.... I had Emily helping a little then Aidan came out and did the high parts. The second coat went quickly in under an hour with Aidan's help. It looks so much better now with 12 years of scratches and wear against the main walkway into the house. Now I can hang my quilt hanger onto this wall just in time for Christmas decorating today. That will happen after the F1 race and we do need to go visit my FIL and check on him. A busy day but stitching will happen!




10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always nice to have freshly painted walls. I used to like to paint but some time ago I no longer did - too much work!

CathieJ said...

What a pretty block. I hope you get the other two finished soon. I don't mind painting normal room heights. Unfortunately we have to hire painters to paint our entry as it is two stories high and scaffolding is needed. It is always nice to have a fresh coat of paint.

Julierose said...

So great you had helpers!! :))) We need to have some rooms painted here--we may need some outside help these days...I love how your block is coming together--all different reds will really look smashing!!
Hugs, Julierose

Angela said...

Enjoy your busy day with some hand stitching!

Quilter Kathy said...

Those hand pieced blocks are so pretty! Great use of time at horses!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your kids always sound like great helpers! It's so nice get that painting project finished so you can hang things back up. We need to be doing that at our house! Glad you had a chance to do some stitching at horses yesterday, too. Have a great Sunday!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

what a pretty red Harmony quilt you are creating!
and how awesome are your kids for all the help they give you--painting and even cooking meals--you are doing a wonderful job of raising them!!
on to Christmas--
hugs, di

Sarah said...

I love your hand pieced blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great use of your waiting time, Deb, and congrats on getting the painting done!

Karrin Hurd said...

Your harmony blocks are lovely! Great that you have helpers for the painting!