Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Mid week already?

 Monday, both kids came home at normal time. Emily planned to go to scouts, but she was all stuffy, headache and sore throat so she stayed home. Ended up asleep by 7:30 and stayed home from school on Tuesday as well and slept most of the day. She is better and off to school today. That meant I took Aidan to guitar since Greg indicated he had a sore throat. 

Tuesday - Aidan and I got haircuts, finally. Lots of hair off that kids head! While waiting for him to be ready after school, I finished knitting this dish towel. Mine had all gotten tossed as they really get stinky after a while. I'll need to make a few more as I only have this one and a blue one now.


After dinner - Emily made chicken noodle soup with the roaster chicken I picked up at Sam's club Monday night, I added some stitches into the bear paw. I thought they looked terrible last night while I was doing them, but they are ok this morning.





I am listening to this book right now. It took a couple chapters to get into it, but I'm enjoying it now. I started it on the way to pick up Aidan yesterday. 




I plan to paint a couple of walls in the living room this weekend, but it appears it will take a bit of time for the patch to dry (still need to get the stuff and patch a hole in the wall). So, I get sewing time! I'll work on finding a backing for the Christmas Cactus Wreath and get it pinned for machine quilting. That's my plans for tomorrow! We will see how I do.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't think I have heard of that author I'm reading Michael Connelly's newest Bosch/Haller criminal novel. Glad Em didn't turn out to be real sick - so many are starting to get covid again - you are staying busy like always finishing up your projects

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Some chicken noodles soup sounds delicious right now! It got a lot colder here today. Looking forward to seeing what you choose for the Cactus Wreath backing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful quilting, Deb! Glad to hear Emily didn't have the dreaded Covid. It seems to be going around up by us. I'm hoping to steer clear of it this holiday season!