Sunday, November 19, 2023

Sunday already?

 It was a long 24 hours with the kids! They both had a great time yesterday. One was volunteering at a robotics tournament and the other went to the FSU football game last night and returned back to the school around 2:50AM. Yea.... I didn't get much sleep last night! I also watched the F1 race in Vegas with Aidan from 1-2:20 when I headed over to pick up Emily. I have a feeling I will be dragging a bit today!

I did manage to pop to the grocery store and pick up a standing rib roast. I do love prime rib and it is so easy to cook at home. I tend to get them when they are on sale around the holidays, cook them to a rare/medium rare and then seal a meal individual slices for the freezer. I need to adjust my amounts this year as it appears the girl likes them now too and will pull them out for meals when she doesn't like what is offered. Thanksgiving, Christmas time and Easter are when they are on sale, so I plan accordingly. I ran out a few months ago. I also like to add it to my salads for lunches =).  I tend to do a recipe like this, although sometimes I just do salt and pepper for seasoning or add some fresh chopped rosemary and garlic. I've got a 7 pound roast I need to take out of the fridge in a little bit and put the turkey in to start defrosting. I have a 12 pound one of those. 

I did just a little in the sewing room yesterday and got a set of split nines done in light blues. I need 2 more sets to finish off this one I think for a child size donation quilt.


I pulled out some hand piecing and was working on Harmony from a hand stitch along in 2021. I need to make 4 more of these and then really search for the 8 flying geese I need to finish the block. I have them for the next block but the ones for this block are missing. I have the fabric, so I'll probably just cut more out and mark for stitching. I'm sure they will turn up as soon as I do that!


Not much progress on the Bear Paw but I have a feeling it will be a bit of a lazy day today so probably a movie and some hand work are on tap.


The kids are off for the week of Thanksgiving. I have appointments scheduled for them on Tuesday. Dentist and blood draw as a follow up on their physicals last month. Too busy to do it until now. 
We made the mistake of letting the dog out back last night during the race. I completely forgot it was Sunday and the auto irrigation was on for the lawn. Our crazy water loving dog found the sprinkler head by the fence and would not come in. Silly boy. Thank goodness Aidan knew how to turn it off. He eventually came in.... he was in hog heaven playing in the water and mud. I guess Greg and the kids get to check and fix that this week too! 
Linking up with the RSC quilters and the Slow Sunday stitchers.


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your prime rib roast sounds delicious! That's something I've never cooked, so thanks for sharing your recipe. Hope you get some stitching time in today, and maybe a nap, too! I know I would need one if I managed to stay up as late as you did. Kevin says the race was worth it, though.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have a 12 pound turkey too and just put it in the freezer to thaw

Julierose said...

This was the best race ever--we subscribe so we watched the taped version today...so many passes--amazing finish...
Hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are staying busy, Deb . Mmmm prime rib sounds delicious. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy working on your fabulous projects this week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Busy, for sure, Deb! Glad to see that you found some stitching time, too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your chat about prime rib made my mouth water. I can't remember the last time I had that. That's a great tip to stock up on the occasions when sales are on. How clever you are to freeze it. Anyway, pretty blues and lovely slow stitching in front of the tv which sounds like heaven to me.