Saturday, November 18, 2023

Saturday....

 So far, no sewing but I have plans to be in the sewing room all afternoon!

Both kids have been dropped off to school. Yes, I am aware it is Saturday! Aidan is volunteering at a Robotics tournament at the middle school. Emily is going with the high school marching band to watch an FSU game tonight with their marching band. It is about 3 hours away and her 3AM pickup will be fun! Aidan does have an F1 race from 1AM to 3AM so I should be up and awake anyway!

After dropping Emily (Greg dropped Aidan for 8AM - I got the 9AM one!) I stopped at the Market of Marion - section F for some fresh veggies. $20. Not bad =). Honeydew melon, cabbage, cucumbers, tomato, corn, radishes, zucchini, peppers. 


I still have not painted the walls like I planned but after sanding the patch this morning, I added some more patch to it and also got a few spots on another wall. I plan to put the kids to work tomorrow since the 2 walls I want to do, one is a slanted cathedral ceiling and even with a ladder (I don't like heights) I can't reach the top for edging. Aidan gets to do that! 
My hopes for today after cleaning up the kitchen (Aidan cooked the last 2 nights - he did baked salmon Thursday and stromboli last night while I went to pick up Emily from marching practice for the December parades), pin the Christmas Cactus Wreath and make the binding. If I get to start the quilting, it is a bonus!






3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the veggies look wonderful -- the 3AM pick up doesn't sound to great!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope you do get some time in your sewing room today! With a busy family, there's always something else to do. The F1 race in Las Vegas sounds like it's had some challenges. Kevin will be up watching it, too, but it's at 11 pm our time.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I sure don't know you keep it all straight on where and when the kiddo's need to be!! So give yourself a pat on the back for all you do with them and for them!!! And happy quilting if you get to do some!
We got 8-10 inches of rain over here this week--won't need any rain now for 6 months--lol!!!
hugs, di