Thursday, September 5, 2024

A finish - Christmas Cactus Wreath

 I finished the binding on this last night. It is dark and dreary out again this morning, so I hung it up in my office for a photo. This is 60x60 and was actually a fun one to stitch. It feels so good to get something finished and crossed off the long UFO list. 


While taking Bear out for his walk this morning, I saw this guy on a neighbors fence up the road. Not sure why he is watering the lawn....I guess he does not have a smart gauge? We had 2.5 inches of rain in the gauge yesterday morning and I dumped out 3.25 inches this morning. We are in the rainy season...but instead of 30-60 minutes in the late afternoon and then clears up, it is raining all evening and overnight. We have very sandy soil, so no issues with flooding when I am. 


The girl went to school. No fever and was better but not great. Probably should have stayed home another day, but she had a test, a paper due and is getting a project assigned today in class she did not want to miss. She will probably opt out of marching practice this evening. I told her to text me if she wants a pick up during the day today. I have a feeling she will fade fast, but we will see. 

5 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your Christmas Cactus quilt is gorgeous! Love the quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Christmas Cactus quilt is a beauty, Deb - hooray for a finish! That's a great hawk photo, too. My SIL who lives in Ocala has told us they never have to water their grass. So different from Colorado - although we did get showers yesterday and overnight. Hope your girl is feeling better today.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad your girl was feeling better for school today. Nice hawk! Love the quilt it looks great hanging up

Julierose said...

What a gorgeous Cactus Wreath wall hanging, Deb--just beautiful finish on this one. Congrats!!
Hope Emily feels better soon; we've scheduled out Covid-19 shots for this coming Saturday--hopefully no really severe reactions.
Hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good morning, Deb. Your quilt is spectacular. Congratulations on the gorgeous finish. Love the quilting and design. I am sure it feels good to check this off the UFO list. I am glad Emily's fever is down. Hopefully she will much better soon. Enjoy your day. Hugs.