Sunday, September 1, 2024

Slow Sunday? Why yes, it will be!

 I am a little sleep deprived today... but not as much as the girl!  Friday night she had a home Football game (marching band) and it ran late so she was a 10:50 PM pick up. We got home at 11:15. At least the roads are clear at that time of the night and no traffic. She got home and threw her band shorts and shirt into the wash.... since she had to be at school for 9AM for an optional HOT day with the band in Tampa. They went to see the University of South Florida play in the Raymond James Stadium and got to play with their band and perform on the field with them for 2 songs at half time! She had a great time. They opted to stay for the whole game, so the busses arrived back to the school at 1:20AM. She had to grab something out of her locker, but they were dismissed from the busses, so we were out of there by 1:35. I don't expect to see her until much later this afternoon. She is exhausted and so happy to have Monday off. 48 kids from the band and 10 adults attended the game from our school.

I've actually done some hand work this week! I started some more QAYG hexagons to make my quilt just a wee bit bigger. I put it on my bed and it is a little small. Thank goodness it will be easy to add to it as I want to make it bigger. I did groups of 4 colors when I made it, so I'll keep with that pattern. I started with orange and then have yellow and pink prepped as well. I'll cut some more out today and get them ready to stitch in little bits of time this week. 


I made progress on the cat and mouse quilt. I have the bottom row done and will move to the side. I had just outlined the mice, but it needed something, so I used the blue to outline the block and the spacer blocks. 


Since Beetlejuice is coming out with the new movie this week, I watched the original movie from 1988 with Aidan on Friday night. He had never seen it. At the end, when the girls are outside the school - one of them is my roommate from college! 

Since the F1 race is done, I guess it is time to get dressed and get moving on this slow Sunday. Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.


4 comments:

Julierose said...

Love the new hexies--they are such fun to make; and your little Cat and Mouse quilt is really coming so well--lovely quilting, Deb.
Glad that Charles won in Italy, but thought that Lando should have been allowed to pass Piastri at the end--that's 2x McClaren has done him in!!:(((( I think we will hear a lot about that decision and the fact that Piastri passed him on the 1st lap, too!! They gave the 1st position away then!! Management mess up I think...
[there, I've had my little rant hahaha] hugs for a good rest on what's left of this long weekend --hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, those busy, busy days! (And nights, too, I guess!) I remember those late band pickups. Definitely sounds like a good day for something slow. Your hexie quilt will grow quickly now!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I never did like it when I had to pick up kids late

Jenny said...

Such cute little mice you are working on.