Thursday, September 12, 2024

Thursday

 It feels like not much has gotten done this week! Emily was sick last week and missed a couple of days of school. She slept a lot but is on the mend this week. She was kind and shared her germs with me and I slept a bunch Sunday and rested on Monday rather than logging into work. I did get hand quilting done, so more mice have been stitched. Two sides are done. I have 7 mice and 1.5 spools to stitch before I get to the 3 borders. The white border is 2 straight lines, the light teal is a triangle of cheese with a stitched line and the outer blue is butterfly's with a loopy line. I have 3 sides to do for the borders.


The family still insists they need dinner every, single night! Monday, I needed to go get Emily for 6PMish, so I did meatloaf and mashed garlic potato's with peas. Tuesday, I gave the kids options of a baked chicken and rice or chicken enchilada. They asked for lemon chicken and capers (Emily takes hers before I add the capers) with rice and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Emily wanted lasagna - only meat with the noodles and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese on top. Nope - leftovers to clear out the fridge was Wednesday. I will make 2 different pans of lasagna tonight. One for Emily and one for the rest of us.... with cheese! She is a late pick up today, so this is a long time in the oven one, perfect for me to pick her up.  I had a craving for Zuppa Toscana soup (copycat olive garden recipe with hot italian sausage, potato, kale) so I made a big batch of it Sunday. I've had it for lunches all week. Yummy. 



This was the look from Bear today. He either wanted me to play or stitch up his lamb and the duck. We played with his cookie doll and I'll stitch up the other animals later tonight.

I spent a bit of time picking out color combo's for the Arkansas Traveller blocks this morning before we went over to visit my FIL. He is doing well.  I have 3 sets of teals and 3 sets of blues to cut out. I just need to prep the white parts for all these and then run them through the Accuquilt cutter. 


I also pulled out blacks and some blue and prepped some more Hexagon QAYG to stitch. 



I am so happy that there is a new season out of Murders in the Building on Hulu. I am very impatient on waiting each week for the new episode to be released. I also searched around and watched the first 2 episodes of Royal Pains, an old show from the early 2000's I never had seen. I've been listening to audiobooks and am enjoying a series by Ellery Adams - Book Retreat Mysteries. All but the last one are free with my Audible subscription. I'm on book 6 in the 9 book series - Murder in the Storybook Cottage. I have a book on loan from libby - that is due in 13 days, so I really need to listen to that one soon. The Mystery Guest by Nita Prose. She wrote The Maid, which I loved. 
I'd better defrost the burger meat and start the lasagna if I want dinner ready to go in the oven at a reasonable time. 
Let's hope I get some time to stitch up those AT blocks so I have something to show for the RSC.


5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

glad to hear you and Emily are on the mend--love that photo with Bear and his stuffed buddies--new project in the works is always fun to start--hugs, di

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your quilting is always so pretty, Deb. It is good to hear that Miss Emily is feeling better. You are staying very busy not only with quilting but in the kitchen as well. Mmm meatloaf!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I get tired of cooking every day too - sometimes I just say enough already if you can't cook make yourself a sandwich or Ramen - I am not cooking. Granted I don't do that often but now and then. Glad you are feeling better

Julierose said...

Bear looks so cute with his toy;)))
Good work on the Cat and Mouse--it's really coming along so well.
And you've got so many hexies prepped--that's great for take along...
hugs, for a great upcoming weekend Julierose

a good yarn said...

Hope you are feeling better. Bear is a big sooky gorgeous puppa. Meatloaf sounds nice.