Monday, September 2, 2024

Christmas Cactus Wreath progress.....

The Quilt got pinned for quilting last week.


I was debating a circular pattern or a straight line square pattern. I decided to try a circular one.  I drew a 3/4 circle to start and with my walking foot and lots of tugging and turning, I continued until I got to the edges of the quilt. 


More tugging and stitching. I did not do equal distance on the circles, just free handed them.




Around and around I went. For a good 1.5 hours on this 60 x60 quilt. 
 


I like it!


I knew I had some leftover greens... but darned if I could find them! I did search in a bunch of areas where I would have put them. Oh well, they will appear at some point. I did have some green that would work well on the shelf. I cut 7 strips of 2.5 inch strips and sewed them all together. Stitched that to the top of the quilt after I trimmed it up and now, I can settle in and slow stitch it to the back. 

I believe I got the pattern and fabrics for this one back in 2006 or 2007. It should be finished and ready to display for Christmas of 2024! =). 


6 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely quilt--you got a whole lot done on this...nice work hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

So around and around you went and when you stopped--an almost finished top--and I am sure it will be finished by Christmas 2024--so good for you!!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that quilting design - have tried it a few times myself! Hooray for an almost finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a neat quilt!!

Arish said...

Magnífico❤️💚❤️💚❤️BESICOS.

a good yarn said...

That’s a gorgeous quilt.