Saturday, September 28, 2024

RSC

 I was playing catch up this month with my Arkansas Traveller blocks. I added 3 each of teal, blue and orange and then laid them out in a diagonal setting. I need one more to round it out. If I did my calculations correctly, with the setting triangles it will be around 68 inches square. 


The potato chip blocks are being stubborn and insist on being made into a bigger quilt. Sigh. I calculate I need to make 17 more 12 inch blocks to make it happy. I have unpicked the boo boo row but have yet to turn it around and sew it back on.  This is a photo of before the un picking. It thinks it wants to be a 6x7 row quilt and it is currently a 5x5. 
Don't you just hate ornery quilts?


I think I'm done for the day. I was up early to take the girl to school for a practice and then they headed off to a marching band competition in Melbourne, FL for the day. I continued on to my FIL's house and did some much needed cleaning while he is in rehab. The initial bit is done after 3-4 hours. I still need to tackle his bathroom and the fridge. We had a maid service come in a year ago, but he fires everyone! Thinks they are too expensive. He can't see well, so thinks it is clean. I'm glad I brought cleaning supplies with me, since there were not any there! After a few loads of laundry and a pick up of the magnolia cones on the front lawn, I'm done for the day. He had a huge water oak in his back yard split and half came down with the storm and landed into his neighbors yard. She called and got someone to come look at it this morning and they are handling that tree and removal and will take down the rest of the tree in the next day or two. Greg came over around noon when the crew arrived to work on the tree as he is the keeper of his Dad's money. His Dad asked us to handle this for him and they gave us a reasonable rate. 
 I'm going to sit with my feet up and add some stitches to my spool and mice while watching another Harry Potter movie. I was so sad to see that Dame Maggie Smith passed away yesterday. She was such a wonderful actress, and my favorites of her are as Professor McGonagle in the Harry Potter series, Wendy in the movie Hook, The Sister Act movies and of course in Downtown Abby. I need to go watch some of her earlier movies. She has had quite the career. 

Linking up with the RSC.



1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Both groups of blocks look really good together! I love the way you made your potato chip blocks with a clear contrast between the darks and the lights. You are so kind to clean your FIL's house like that - it's too bad he won't keep the maid service. I'd like one of those at my house!