Wednesday, May 15, 2013

GC - Nameless star

This week's block is another star block -Nameless Star. I really like these and it was super easy to sew together in a quick 15 minute slot of time last night. I believe there are 10 more weeks to this sew along. Time to figure out how to use the letter card on my machine so I can stitch the block names onto the sashing strips.


This afternoon I got the rows all sewn together for the Kaleidoscope graduation quilt. The directions can be found at Don't Call me Betsy's blog.This just needs a good pressing and then a wash for the backing and I can pin it for quilting on my kid free Saturday afternoon. It is measuring 60x close to 80 so perfect for a twin size. I'm thinking loopy swirls or straight line stitching.... the loopy swirls might win since I remember I have put words into the quilting the last two years so she might be expecting that on hers too. This has sewn up really easily so I could see making another one in the future. 




4 comments:

canuckquilter said...

Your Kaleidoscope quilt just glows! It's wonderful! My daughter would just love those colours.

Ray and Jeanne said...

What a great idea to sew the names of the blocks onto the sashing strips! And thanks for pointing me towards the directions for Kaleidoscope. ~Jeanne

Sheila said...

LOVE this quilt top! Colors and pattern. I love star blocks. Especially this one. Looks forward to seeing your lettered sashing.

Ellen said...

Love, love the paisley in your star block!

The Kaleidoscope top is fabulous - it does have a 3D look to it.