Sunday, May 5, 2013

Slow stitching Sunday.

Today is an evening to sit back, relax and breathe. After working today and getting a little paperwork done I had time to prep a few blocks for hand applique this evening. Thank goodness it was a Chinese takeout night for dinner!
I'll be working on my Midget block - Dotty Daisy.

 and if that goes well then I'll work on my Sunbonnet Sue block for the Grandmothers Choice BOW.

I also need some ideas on hand quilting for this wall hanging I made a few years ago. It is 40x40.  I was thinking just outline stitching on the blocks and then a straight stitch through the chains. No clue on the blue border - maybe something with curves? Would that be enough quilting for a beginner like me or should I do an all over cross hatch or baptist fan? What would you do if it was your quilt?


Head on over to Kathy Quilts and see what other hand work is being worked on.

3 comments:

audrey said...

Your wall hanging is lovely. The cross hatch or the baptist fan are both very easy to mark and to quilt and either one should work well for you! Good luck.:)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love applique too! So relaxing. I love you wall hanging, your ideas are spot on for this, may I suggest quilting some swags in the border. I agree it needs something with soft curves.

Quilter Kathy said...

Perfect evening...take out food and hand stitching!
I would probably do some diagonals on the chains and through the diagonals of the HST's, and some type of swag or cable on the border.
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!