Sunday, May 19, 2013

Slow Stitching Sunday.....

After a whole day of resting and generally feeling icky, I am so happy to be feeling better and in the mood to do something today. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until after I get home from a short day of work today. I had hoped to get a quilt quilted yesterday so I could be working on binding but since that did not happen I'll pull out my never used quilting hoop and put it on my fireworks quilt which is all basted for hand quilting. I see some straight stitches being added to this while relaxing on the back porch later this evening enjoying the quiet sounds of the evening. Hopefully the thunderstorms stay away, although I do love watching the lightning in the sky.

Head on over to Kathy Quilts and see what other hand quilting projects are being worked on today.

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I am so excited about you breaking in your "never used" hoop and hope you really enjoy it!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching and sharing your project for today.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Deb, how exciting to breaking a new hoop. Hope it becomes a great friend as mine has. Enjoy your stitches a great thing to do after coming home from work.

Ellen said...

The colouring of this quilt is very striking. A perfect quilt to break in your new hoop!

sophie said...

Handquilting appeals a lot to me lately. Maybe for my next Sunday evening project ....

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sounds very relaxing. Love the quilt. I wished I could sit outside. Nothing but mosquitoes and red wasp.....sigh.

Rose said...

Your quilt is very pretty. I grew up in the Midwest and miss the thunder and lightning storms.

Moneik said...

We had thunderstorms on Sat. night and there was a race on, so we were staying home and the kids were watching with daddy. I was so looking forward to using the embroidery machine, but I didn't want to take the chance. I unplugged it and read instead. We're in a drought, so all the rain has been wonderful and I'm not complaining a bit. I'll embroider tonight if there isn't any lightning.