Sunday, June 3, 2018

Slow stitching Sunday?

Well, there will be a little but the majority of time (I hope) will be with pins and a sewing machine today. That graduation quilt needs to get finished. The top is done. I still need to piece the back, cut the batting and get it pinned. The good news, I sat looking at the photo of the quilt for a while last night and I think I know what I will do with it. Nice and easy and not too much quilting. Did I mention I hate making decisions?
I'll hold down this part so it doesn't move - said Ollie.

A little progress has been made on the last Dresden block... but not much. About half the blades are hand quilted. I have been looking at the individual stack of blocks and I think I am just going to sew them all together without the white sashing like I had planned. Each block is a good 16 inches  - so a 3x4 setting would be 48x64...a nice snuggle size. Decision made! Boy, all these decisions sure do tax the brain!
Ollie was my model today.... get me in the photo too Mom!

That decision frees me up to start hand quilting the hearts and nine patch quilt I made in May. This one might get sewn together... it depends on how things progress with the first one and how much kid time is required today. I hear they want a family pool day for a bit. Grandma is recovering from cataract surgery on the second eye on Thursday so will take them tomorrow for a little bit instead of today.

My hope..... to be working on some binding tonight but we will see how the day goes!

Linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers today.

Oh, I also got a prize in the mail this week from the Hands2Help Challenge! I got a little 3 pack of hand made soaps from Aunt Em's Soap. Thanks so much! Ollie thinks they smell great!




8 comments:

Deb A said...

Leaving a comment to try and get the comments sent to my e-mail.

Miaismine said...

Pretty projects! Your Dresden Plates are lovely! Yes, decisions can be so taxing....I love having my husband help out, but still the final decision....sigh....

Thank you for sharing such beautiful projects!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a pretty graduation quilt! I hope the quilting goes quickly for you!

Annette Mandel said...

So good of Ollie to anchor your quilt. You have made decisions today, now you can relax. A78mandel at yahoo dot com

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I enjoyed the May Heart SAL and my quilt will be named Awaking Hearts! Just did a post to update my plans for the next 6 months! Happy Sunday and thank you for doing the SAL!

The Cozy Quilter said...

That quilt would just blow right away if Ollie did not help you out! I look forward to seeing your pretty Dresdens done.

Suzanne said...

The colors you use are just perfect together.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Great quilt, love the colors.
Have a great day!