Saturday, June 16, 2018

Squared Away blocks....

 I made a couple of the teal squared away blocks this week. Emily helped with the 3rd one... some seam ripper work is needed to fix a seam or two so I can finish the 3rd one.

Linking up with the RSC Challenge today before I head out to weed a bit in the front before it gets too hot... and then spend the afternoon at the roller skating rink with the girl scout troop for their requested skating party today.

Wishing my parents a belated 55th Wedding anniversary yesterday and  my nephew a belated birthday - yesterday.

The kids finished their week at Camp Invention yesterday - and came home with their robot dogs, an octo bot that follows a dark line drawn on paper and a mini mansion they each crafted during the week. They had a great time again at camp- learning and having fun.

9 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, I love your teal fabrics!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Squared Away blocks look great! How fun to have help from Emily, too. I wanted to thank you for your comment on my post this morning, Deb. Now Google won't even let me access your email so that I can write you a note back... so frustrating!

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks, how nice to have help with these--makes this piece a memory quilt for sure hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

Love your squared away blocks - another fun block pattern to play with! (So far I've wanted to make a whole quilt from every one of these blocks!)

Laura said...

Your blocks look very pretty, Deb! And what fun to go roller skating with the girls! I remember skating many moons ago...I doubt I could stand up now! Ha, ha!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome AQUA blocks! I'm glad to hear that the kids have fun at Camp Invention. My boys LOVED it!!

Deb A said...

They said it was the best year yet! 93 kids... so they split into 4 groups and had 4 different classrooms for an hour each - octo bots, robot dogs, mini mansions they each built and I forget what the stuck room was but they loved them all. I liked I could drop off before 8:30 and they had games for them to play each day until everyone was there at 8:30. That and snack, lunch time and recess. I wish it was more than one week a summer.

Mari said...

These look great! Hope you had fun roller skating. Hope there was AC! (academicquilter at gmail dot com)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your blocks!