Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday in Vermont...

I'm sure at some point I will get a little slow stitching in on my newest project - some sage and forest greens tumblers with a little bit of creams thrown in. I have 320 tumblers cut for hand stitching... which should make a nice size throw when done. The tumblers are just shy of a 5 inch square.

Linking up with the other slow stitchers today.

It has been a busy couple of days. Friday the kids and I had a travel day and flew up to Vermont via NY.... and took the ferry over to Vermont.

The kids were a wee bit wound up when we arrived at my parents around 8:30PM.... and it was a late night for everyone. Yesterday was my niece's high school graduation and we attended the party after with lots of family. She got her quilt and lots of visiting happened. I have another niece who flew in from Colorado as yesterday was also her fathers 50th birthday! Happy birthday David! I had a car to return (oops.... noticed they were only open until 1PM.... at noon! Thanks to my sister Terri for popping over and picking us up). We had a little time to kill so we took a drive through Hope Cemetery to look at the granite sculptures. Barre is the Granite Capitol of the world.... and there were some wonderful artists that created some awesome monuments.

Today.. is a party at my brothers to celebrate his birthday and his step daughters birthday next week. It was to be out at camp... but with rain and cold in the forecast we switched it yesterday. Both kids slept for 12 hours last night! They needed to catch up on their sleep after a busy couple of days!

Tomorrow a niece will take the kids hiking while I head into the actual office for some meetings in the afternoon. Looks like Tuesday the temps will change and we will move out to the camp. For now..        with all the parties it made sense (and was cool - temps in the 60's during the day and I am loving it compared to Florida weather!) to stay at the house for a few days.

Time to get dressed and drag the kids on a walk this morning before the rain drops start.

8 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Enjoy your stay! I hope your weather gets better. ~Jeanne

Denise :) said...

I have family in Vermont and when I was a kid, we always spent several weeks up there ... such fond memories! Enjoy your trip and maybe sneak in some slow stitching! :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What fun for your kids. I can just see them bouncing into their grandparents home. :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope that all of your family time there goes great!! :)

canuckquilter said...

Enjoy your trip!

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip... have a great time in Vermont!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh the kids look happy on the ferry and cool-and-refreshing comes to mind seeing that photo! I hope that every day with your family ( and the weather ) is perfect while you are there :)

Deb A said...

Testing the e-mail fix...