Monday, June 4, 2018

Monday - Graduation quilt almost done!

Sarah's Graduation Quilt - Spinning Pinwheels


I decided to play with the walking foot and just did an X through the alternate blocks with the four little squares along the HST's. Using the warm and natural batting off my roll (I finished the last one and got to open the new one I got back around Christmas!) it does not need a lot of quilting thank goodness!
I did an easy rounded line around the first teal border, two straight lines through the second dark blue border and then a very large rounded line around the last big flowered border. The dark blue binding is attached to the front and just needs to get turned and hand stitched to the backing. Two needle breaks..... all pieces found and disposed of. Those were the mandatory back away from the machine and take a break times. Not bad for a rainy Sunday.

I had a good helper yesterday  - Emily helped me roll onto the boards, pin and un pin and she pressed the binding for me. I told her that I'll put her name on the label too as a maker of the quilt!

A big Thank you to Dot for the pattern.

The boy did get time with Mom too... we played scrabble last night. I thanked him for letting me win!

Grandma is taking the kids today to Easy Street after lunch out. That should keep them entertained and out of my hair for a few hours today. They have mini golf, go carts (Emily is not tall enough to drive yet), arcade games, batting cage and a new laser room to try and navigate through.

4 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You go girl :)

Deb A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb A said...

trying again to get comments to my email