Monday, July 5, 2021

4th of July in Vermont with my family

 All my siblings gathered at camp yesterday for the 4th of July holiday. The boat was decorated for the boat parade on the lake and a few were on the boat in the parade while the others were on the shore cheering the boats as they passed. It was a chilly day in Vermont - low 60's and cooler than last Christmas!




Right before everyone left we got the 'siblings' photos. My brothers Mike and David are standing then me, Terri and Joanne are sitting.

 This one by the lake was in age order - it is youngest on the left with me.... then David, Joanne, Terri and Mike as the oldest.

After everyone left Aidan and I were down by the fire and it was a nice knitting spot by the lake.


with a cloudy sunset last night.
 


7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

How great to have all of you together at a special family place like that! I bet your parents were so happy. Knitting by the fire sounds lovely, too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

big family resemblance there can tell you are all brothers and sisters. sounds like you had fun even if it was chilly

Julierose said...

Happy Fourth to you and your family--great photos--I'll bet that lake boat parade was fun (if a bit on the chilly side, right?); we had and are still having very chilly winds here; only 66 and feeling like 62..This is JULY??? I ask you now...???
Enjoy the rest of your trip..hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a fun day with the family. I always enjoy spending time at our lake . We went to the marina to watch fireworks. Have a wonderful week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a glorious way to spend your vacation, Deb!! Glad you made the effort to get those sibling photos. That was always the highlight of any family gathering for DH's family.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Times when families gather are precious. ~Jeanne

Quilter Kathy said...

So wonderful to get family photos!
Love the photo of your knitting by the fire!