Thursday, July 1, 2021

Not much stitching yet.....

There has been game playing. The kids found a Bonkers game (1978!) and yesterday was Michigan Rummy with everyone.
Tuesday night the kids wanted to drive the boat - so I took them out after Uncle David and Aunt Donna left. We had a visit earlier Tuesday with Aunt Terri and Sally.



There has been ducks visiting. I think there is a family of 9 ducklings, 7 ducklings and 5 ducklings. They all visited one day. 



Wednesday was an quick trip home with the parents. Dad was turning in his vehicle so they are down to 1 for the 2 of them. These are the chickens that they get to watch out their dining room window.


Her roses are in bloom. I picked some of the heritage ones from another spot to have at camp and they smell so pretty.


Angela announced July RSC is blue! Yea! I prepped dark blue hexagons to work on up here and might have taken the 12 flowering snowball blocks in blue and green up here as well. Since it is cooler - 60 degrees on the porch this morning I might get a little stitching in today!


 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

blue huh,I hadn't seen that we just had blue another month - I might skip this month for Love Letters then seeing as I only need 3 more of those blocks and blue is my center block.
I wouldn't have a clue how to drive a boat I have never done that

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you're having fun and getting to see lots of family! It's such a great feeling to be able to do that again. Loved the big smile on A's face when it was his turn with the boat. You prepped just the right color of hexagons, too!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

oh my goodness--who is that young man driving that boat???
Aiden has sure grown up this past year and gotten really tall hasn't he???
I just got some nice new blues in mid month last month and they have some darker blues in them--so may play with some of them this month--and maybe some blacks--time will tell!!
well--it looks like everyone is really having a great time--so enjoy--
hugs, di

Julierose said...

Your children have grown up so much!! Looks like you are having a really nice vacation on the lake...
Good guess that you thought blue would be the July RSC.
Hope you enjoy this 4th of July celebration.
We are staying home and bbqing--and hoping for cooler temps...
hugs, Julierose