Sunday, July 11, 2021

Last Sunday in Vermont

 I have a few days left of my visit but I have to log back into work starting tomorrow. It was a nice week off and just relaxing. Today I have things prepped a bit for my siblings all coming out again and my cousin is stopping in to visit before she fly's back home. We had the graveside funeral for my Aunt who passed in March yesterday. I saw a lot of cousins I have not seen in 15-20 years! We opted for appetizers rather than a 'meal'. I have some veggies prepped and some meatballs in the crockpot with a jar of chili sauce and 8 ounces of grape jelly. A yummy treat... someone might have been wanting them so I offered to make them! Emily and I made some no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies last night as well. My siblings are each bringing something to share and we have some fruits coming to supplement the grapes I picked up yesterday. Tonight we are heading to a local baseball game (college level players in the summer). 

Since everything is prepped, I'm sitting on the glider rocker on the porch. The lake is twinkling with the sunlight making it sparkle on the water. Perfect setting to stitch my Hexagon for the day. 


I hand stitched the first row of the flowering snowball blocks together last night on the porch. I have one block to attach to the second row. This was cut out on my Accuquilt and hand pieced earlier this year. I have been cutting out parts in each color of the month this year for a future scrap quilt. This one stitched together so easily!




Linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers.

My view.... Aidan was heading down to feed the ducks that were quacking their arrival and wanting breakfast.



8 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely, relaxing xpot with that view--aaahhh...slowing down a bit is always wonderful...I like your Santa Hexie..really cute...
Hugs from muggy and overcast House on the Hill here Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a nice way to finish out your time in Vermont, with your family all gathering again. I love the hexie with Santa in the center! Those flowering snowballs are going to make a beautiful quilt. Looks like those ducks gave gotten to know that you're there!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy this afternoon's visit, your last few days in Vermont, and a safe trip home!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

time sure flies when you are visiting doesn't it - have a good flight home

Deb said...

Some lovely projects to keep you busy on your last days in Vermont. Safe travels home.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Sounds and looks like you are having a really nice fun vacation and so many family members to see--enjoy the fellowship and good food--
luv, di

Karrin Hurd said...

Sounds like a wonderful get together! Lovely projects you are working on!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your aunt. It sounds like you are staying very busy and so glad you are able to spend time with your family. Sitting by the lake working on hexis , sounds delightful