Saturday, July 31, 2021

RSC Hexagons


July has been a bit of a non sewing machine month. I did manage to make one hexagon QAYG for each day this month (I know there are 30 here but I think the other one got in with the light blues in the box). I did attach a few together and decided I like the standard whip stitch over the one from the Daisy and Grace tutorial on my tab. It is quicker and seems to hold better. I think I am going to do sets of 4 colors together and then will start putting them together. It will be time to pull the teal/aqua pile off the shelf and prep some Hexagons for the month of August. 
Linking up with the RSC.

I have been searching for the backings I know I purchased.... I plan to prep a couple of quilts for hand quilting - the Endless Diamonds (which decided it was ok as is and I don't need to add a border!) and the Flowering Snowballs. I'd better get off and do it since I have been meaning to do this for the last week and have yet to do it!

 

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see all your blue hexies! Groups of four together sound like a great idea. Good luck finding those backings - getting things prepped for quilting is a big job, but so nice to get it done!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your mention of backings reminds me to start keeping an eye out for wide backs on sale I will have about 3 quilt tops by the end of the year in the basket waiting in line I like to have backings in the box ready to go when I'm ready to put them on the frame

Julierose said...

I like how your blue hexies are coming together...I am managing to sew mine together one at a time...
stay safe there...
hugs, Julierose

Chris said...

Congrats on completing them. My focus this month was starting new quilts.

Marly said...

Your hexagons are splendid together, and you've done so many!