Thursday, July 15, 2021

Home with Hexagons....

 We made it home around 12:05AM this morning safe and sound. We got Greg's doctor appointment done this morning as well. The rest of the afternoon was unpacking, sweeping floors, playing with the cats and I did pop out to grab some veggies and fruit to stock the empty drawers in the fridge. Seems we were out of mayo.... so I tried making some (I improvised on one ingredient and used yellow mustard since I was out of dijon. I did get dijon when I went shopping for the next batch.) I had boiled up 12 eggs and was making deviled eggs when I realized I was out!

I think we have plenty of eggs to play with. I have butter out softening to make some brownies... which will use 6 eggs.  Ice Cream, angel food cake or Aidan mentioned a sponge cake might get made as well.

Yesterday was some stitching at the airport on a handful of hexagons and then I read a book on the flight. I picked up a 2.5 and 3.5 inch snowflake cookie cutter at the Ski museum in Stowe last Saturday. They were marked $1. each! I figured it was a typo as they are really solid and well made but it rang up as $2 and change for tax! I think they will be great as a marking took for hand quilting Hoarfrost! I'd better finish the 15th one before I get back to the flowering snowball blocks being sewn into rows.



Linking up with the RSC... since I have not made it into the sewing room yet. Hopefully today!


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you don't slow down do you LOL - busy as ever - love seeing those eggs - kind of makes me wish for a chicken coop

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to go, but good to be home again, I'm sure! Look at those eggs - they're so pretty in all their different shades. You've got some yummy uses for them! Snowflake cookie cutters to mark your quilting design sounds like a great idea.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Brownies sound very yummy. So glad you was able to use your "Waiting time" to get some gorgeous hexis complete. Great find on the cookie cutters ; They will make a a perfect quilting tool. Have a blessed weekend.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Am glad you made it back home safely--and that the chickens were still doing their thing!!! though I be the chickens and kitties missed the 3 of you!!!
hugs, di

The Joyful Quilter said...

Just look at those beautiful eggs!! Nice job on your Dark BLUE blocks, too. Welcome home!

Maggie said...

You will be enjoying all the fruits of your Labour. The cookie cutter is a great idea!