Monday, July 19, 2021

Monday....

 The thunder is rumbling outside with a little rain coming down. Aidan and I made Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner. Emily is away at Girl Scout Horse camp this week so Aidan is getting all the meals he likes that she does not! I figured I'd better start on the table topper challenge for the month. I had this block that I was trying to work with on a round robin but I only added the first round of the checkerboard. 


I found a backing and a batting and pinned it. Some hand quilting is now being added and eventually this will be my table topper in blue for July. It is also #17 of my UFO list for the Summer Ravelry challenge! Love when I can join two projects together.



Back to stitching as I listen to my latest Audiobook - Death in Kew Gardens by Jennifer Ashley. I finished up a couple of other books this weekend. Too Much and Never Enough by Mary L Trump and Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M. C. Beaton. I was reading along to the Virgin River Series and the Brigerton Series but for some reason June 1st they both disappeared from the Libby App from the library. Oh well, I'm enjoying these two authors of mysteries. I was curious on the book by Mary Trump. It was actually interesting to listen to and provided some insight. 
Back to my mystery and stitching.


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That will make a pretty blue and white topper! I've saved your Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, but haven't tried it yet. I wonder if my son would like it. I might have to try it this weekend when he's home!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been busy reading too and knitting but little sewing - I will jot down the books - I have read the Virgin River series

The Joyful Quilter said...

Excellent use of that Dark BLUE UFO, Deb!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Pretty blue table topper and it is always fun when you can join a couple projects in to one!!
We could use some rain over here--been well over a week or more with 92 degree days and no rain!!!
luv, di

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a sweet table topper and love the fabrics you are using. Your quilting is soooo pretty. Happy quilting

a good yarn said...

That’s a terrific block and will make such a nice table topper.