Saturday, July 3, 2021

Feeling blue in Vermont

I guess I guessed correct! I prepped some dark blue hexagons before I travelled up here last weekend. I waited for the cool front to go through and July to start before I stitched them.



Before the rain started yesterday, this was my sunset photos from the dock on Wednesday night. 


We have been enjoying the various duck families that visit with their babies and are feeding them a little corn feed. So far we have a Momma with 9 ducklings, one with 7 and one with 5. There is a lone duck that comes and she comes up onto the grass to let us know she is there. Aidan named her Hoover, since she eats everything up like a hoover vacuum! We have sighted the loons as well but no photo of them yet.


The rainy shot from the screened in porch this morning. Cool in the 50's with rain.


I woke up with a spinning head when I moved, so I went back to sleep and got up around 11:30! Feeling a little better but not 100% so it will be a take it easy day with maybe a little hand stitching. We will see. It is probably my electrolites off balance so I have had some Power Zero and that usually fixes it up.
Linking up my blues with Angela over at the RSC. Go see how everyone is playing with their darks this month.

 

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks beautiful there - great sunset shot! I'm glad it cooled off a bit, and you've had a little stitching time, too. Great job prepping the right color for your hexies!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good guess on the hexies! I haven't started any of my dark blue projects I've been busy on my Drunkards Path instead - it is getting close to done

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad you are enjoying your vacation, Deb! Tell the truth. Did you prep ALL the colors remaining in the RSC? Sorry about your spinning headache, though. :o((

Deb A said...

No Joy - I prepped 16 darker blue to take with me!

a good yarn said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. No fun being unwell on vacation. That’s a beautiful sunset.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I hope you are feeling better, Deb. I have pulled a a few hexies to work on of course inspired by you. Lol. Such a pretty sunset too. Have a wonderful weekend, dear. Happy quilting.

Julierose said...

Hope you are feeling "in the pink" soon--lovely photo..rainy and cool here too, only 55 when we got up today.
HAPPY 4th of JULY to you and yours,
Hugs, Julierose

Sarah said...

What a beautiful place and beautiful sunset. Those ducks aren't daft are they! Love the hexies with the white border.

Karen's Korner said...

Mama duck is doing a great job with her babies. Pretty blue hexies.