Friday, October 21, 2022

A little sewing progress

 After running errands on Thursday - a try at horse riding but the horse was not in the mood and we opted to do the lesson another day. Then some groceries so Emily could make some Molt Muffins for the chickens.... we needed applesauce and more banana. A quick lunch of crack slaw (using up the last 2 links of italian sausage and some cabbage for a yummy lunch)... I finally got some sewing room time! The cat even left me alone for the first hour before he slung himself over the sewing machine to monitor my progress. I finished the flying geese, got them pressed and into their tree form.


Then I sewed the houses together with their roofs and sides. 


I am not sure if I will make it into a long runner like the pattern is for.... or if I will do 2 houses and 2 trees facing opposite ways for a table topper that is a little more square as opposed to a long strip across. I need to determine that before I add on the blue sides.

We have made it through the week! Emily had a great time up in Georgia despite the cool front that moved through that day. She had 3 layers of clothes and was toasty warm outside all day. Seems she was not hungry so did not eat much up there other than the homemade lemonade she always gets at the fairgrounds and a funnel cake! We stopped at Culvers for a late dinner on the way home Wednesday. She took some cotton out of her pocket.... and proceeded to work the seeds out the rest of the night. She really wanted to grow some cotton in the back yard, but after some research, it is illegal to grow non-commercially in Florida due to the boll weevil. The top is the seeds and the bottom is the cotton. 


F1 is racing in Texas this weekend. No late nights this weekend!


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't know it was illegal to grow cotton in the backyard in some places. I don't think that piece of cotton I picked up in Mississippi had seeds in it or not- don't think so I passed it on to Melanie and she has it or the kids at the library.

Julierose said...

Love the little houses and tree blocks--this will make a cute table topper no matter which way you put them together! Three o'clock will see us in front of the tv watching the first Race. ;))) hugs, Julierose

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

I just adore those little houses! Glad kitty cat allowed you some sewing time :)
Jillxo

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's going to be so cute with the trees and houses! I'm curious what Molt Muffins are. Something chickens can eat...??? Sounds like a fun and busy week!

Ray and Jeanne said...

I'm waiting to see what you decide with the trees and houses. Either way will be cute! I love that Emily brought home cotton to grow - it's too bad she can't try it. ~Jeanne