Saturday, October 1, 2022

RSC Saturday

What a week! We were spared any issues from Hurricane Ian but so many people in the state of Florida were devastated and their households and businesses are gone. There are still issues with flooding in the south and central Florida and the clean up and rebuilding of lives will take a long time. 

Some cooler weather moved in after the storm and we enjoyed breezy temps in the mid 60's all day Thursday. The kids loved being out in the back yard with those temps. See - I do have 2 kids and they were out taking turns chasing the dog to get some of his energy out.



Today, the below normal temps again reined, and she had a pleasant upper 70's to ride in.

While she was out giving Bear the dog a bath with her Dad, I stole into the sewing room with Peanut the cat and picked some fabrics to finish off the Crossed Canoe blocks. I picked 2 bright greens and a deep purple to give me 25 blocks. I messed up on the pink and yellow months and cut too many parts out so had some extra blocks from the 20 I had planned. I am going to go with a 5x5 setting and will have the kids play with the color layout and move the blocks around a bit before stitching them together.  Now I'm wondering if they need sashing and cornerstone blocks? Hmmmmmm.



I need to pop out and get some fiberfill so I can finally finish my light blue pumpkin for the table scrap challenge.  


Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 

5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Wow that really was chilly--yesterday it was chilly here but nearly 80--with a strong breeze and the breeze was what was so chilly--My son and dil texted last night to invite me a going on's at a big park here--Wickham park had a Junkin pumpkin day--lots and lots of craft booths and trailer for eats--so I dressed warm--well let me tell you-it as hot--very hot and full sun--and alot of walking--years ago I would of loved it and would of wanted to buy it all--lots of country and fall stuff--but--only bought me a nice sized all black cat and a bar of homemade soap for a friend for Christmas--and I know I got a sun burn on my face--hopefully not bad though--we did have a good time!!
so now a new month and new goals and projects--
hugs, di

Julierose said...

Nice that you now have cooler temps--so do we--it is still pretty windy (right out of the North, so colder).
I sewed two of the coin strips together and did a bit of cutting and ironing of fabrics. Still working in short stints...hugs, Julierose

Ivani said...

Your Crossed Canoe blocks look so pretty together, Deb. Looking forward to seeing which layout you choose to assemble.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The canoe block collection looks great with all the colors! It would be interesting to see these blocks with sashing and cornerstones, but I think these blocks are fun without them, too. Glad the kids were able to get back outside with cooler temps!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW lucky that you have quilt helpers, Deb! Did you get your Fiberfil? I suppose I'll find out soon enough. :o))