Tuesday, October 25, 2022

More stars growing from the 16 patch blocks.

 These guys are oh so fun to make! I think I spend more time selecting the fabrics than piecing them. I get out my trust Fons and Porter Flying Geese ruler and get a 4.5 strip of fabric to cut out the parts that will finish as a 4x8 flying geese unit. The square in the corner is a 2.5 inch square and I love the secondary pattern it creates when there are 4 together.

I have one more cream all cut out for the 4th block. I just need to pick a 16 patch from the pile and select the matching color for the star points. 


Slightly quieter week, thank goodness! Em was a late pick up Monday and no scouts but Aidan did have guitar. Normal pick up Tuesday, Wednesday is a late pick up for both with Book Club after school and volunteering at the middle school for the boy. Thursday is normal and I get to ride a horse on my day off again this week!. Friday is an early drop off for Emily at school. Saturday she has some training at the fairgrounds for the February Youth Fair she will be attending with the FFA. I need to swap horses to Sunday instead of Saturday. Aidan has an F1 race again this week in Mexico this time. Another Sunday afternoon race. I wonder what hand work I'll have to work on this time. Another binding maybe? We will see.....

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so you are sticking with the riding lessons that is good you must be having fun. it sounds like you are back to your busy school year schedule

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet it is really fun to see the 16 patches transform into those great stars! So nice that you have the 16 patches already made. Sounds like a busy week - you must have to keep a very detailed calendar!

Julierose said...

Your stars are really pretty and that secondary pattern is really a nice one...
Have a good rest of the week, hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Crossed Canoes is just so beautiful and these starry blocks are too. What is it about star blocks that we all love them and the secondary pattern is a bonus. Neat. Enjoy your riding and stitching, Deb.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Your stars are so great! So clever with the secondary pattern :)
Jillxo