Saturday, October 8, 2022

RSC in bright green

It is going to be a long day! My son follows F1 racing, and they are in Japan this weekend. That makes for very early watching! I was up late (for me!) and watched the Practice 3 from 11PM-midnight with Aidan. He did stay up to watch the Qualifying from 2-3AM and slept until 11AM. The race is Sunday morning 1-3 AM our time. I hope to stay awake and watch it live. I watched qualifying when I got up this morning!

The dog decided I needed to get up a bit after 7AM to be fed but I had him get up my hubby to walk him. He let the girl sleep in! Silly dog. She got home a bit before 11PM after playing in the pep band at the high school football game. 

This morning was horses and she tried jumping again today. Just 2 poles crossed in an X low to the ground. Marshmallow did not want to jump but she got him to go over twice. Then did some trotting and a canter. I managed to not hit the record button so missed her going over both times, but I did get to see it!

Peanut got some attention while I was in the sewing room this afternoon. I stitched up one of my 16 patch blocks in bright greens.


I stitched together the Crossed Canoe blocks and thank goodness I took a picture of the blocks laid out on the floor. I always manage to move things around but lots of checking the photo had me sew this one together how I planned. It is currently 36x54 and I think I want to add a little border to get it to a 40x60 size (ok, 42x60) for Project Linus. I'll piece the snowflake backing that I have left for this one and just need to figure out what color to use as a border. Any ideas? I think I know how I will walking foot quilt this one as well, outlining the middle canoe parts so it looks like a gentle curve. 


Linking up with the RSC Challenge.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

There's nothing like living with teenagers - they exist on a whole different time schedule! I remember those days. Your crossed canoes look great all sewn together!

Julierose said...

Crossed Canoes looks so lovely all together!!
Tom taped the Quali and practices so we watched them this afternoon...
We are taping the Race and pre-race on ESPN coverage so we will watch it tomorrow during the day--awful times, huh? Can you believe Verstoppen is on pole again??? But Alpine did well, too this time around...
Hope you can get some rest after your late night tv-ing!! Hugs, julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

My are you a good mom--not only letting the boy child stay up to watch racing, but to watch it with him--good for you!! We didn't have TV alot when my kids where growing up--none of us seemed to mind--in fact I went about 25 years without a TV until I got into racing about 8 years ago--then I got one!! And the only reason I got into racing was because I needed something to think about besides quilting 24/7!!! And I don't know anything about other sports, but did have alittle knowledge of racing from other family members watching!!
though my grown kids think I am crazy to watch cars go around and around a track!!!! Your quilting looks good--and I read your horse riding is getting fun too--
hugs, di

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great idea for quilting your Crossed Canoes. Love the colors. Have fun watching the race. It's fun to share interests with the kids (and have them share with you!).

Helenchaffin said...

luv the green block,the quilt layout is looking fantastic! I'm still catching up on blocks!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Fun to see everyone’s RSC projects coming together. Wonderful quilt top!

Ivani said...

Your crossed canoes blocks look great sewn together, it is a beautiful quilt top. I used to watch F1 but after Senna's death. I couldn't watch anymore.