Saturday, October 15, 2022

RSC

 I have not done much sewing this week. I did just pop into the sewing room this morning and found the Fons and Porter Flying geese ruler and cut out the parts for the 4 geese I need to make these 16 patches into stars. I never know what to use as the background but the one deeper cream print I grabbed did not have much, so I pulled this yard of a light cream to use. We will see how long it lasts! Maybe I'll do a few with this background and then a few in some other fabrics to continue with the scrappy theme. By adding the flying geese to the 8 inch blocks they will turn into 16 inch blocks. I think I'll add a black and a brown 16 patch to the pile and use 12 different colors to make a nice 3x4 setting. No time to sew them yet as the girl has horses at 11 that I need to bring her to.



We are having way too much takeout and since I had no thoughts on dinner Thursday - we opted for Publix subs at the new store that opened about 3 miles from us. That is going to be dangerous!
Friday night was Veggie Lo Mein instead of pizza. The recipe is under my recipe tab way at the bottom. 


It did clear out my veggie drawer so I'll need to go replenish - although I do have half a head of cabbage and a bunch of napa cabbage to use. I guess we will be having Keto Crack sausage and cabbage one of these nights for dinner to use it up!

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.







6 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a pretty large star--I see you have a helper there;)))
No sewing here...still resting the hands...hugs julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't even given a thought to supper - I need a recipe for some left over pork and ramen noodles! I know I have that in the cupboards/freezer

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your 16 patch stars are going to make a pretty quilt! We don't have Publix here, but visited them when we went to S. Carolina few years ago, and thought they had a great sandwich/sub spot. It was definitely convenient for traveling! Hope you're having a lovely Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I make a batch of soup to clean out the fridge. Your dinner looks good. Nice green star block. I made Chili for supper tonight. It’s cold and damp outside so I was craving Chili. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great choice on fabric for your star points. It's going to be a pretty one...but then I think all stars are pretty!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'm caught up on your posts now Deb. Enjoyed the reading very much. Great 16 inch blocks and what a wonderful size that is to work up. I also loved your quilting in the last post. Looks neat to vary the design. I have shopped in Publix in St. Pete's Beach Florida...what a great store to have nearby. I have never followed F1 racing but know someone who does...apparently it is super popular. How great that your daughter is also learning to jump! Always exciting and busy here!