Friday, October 7, 2022

No stitching?

 No real stitching this week but I did open a rubbermaid container and found more projects one night! I added 3 to the FALL 2022 UFO list since it closes tonight. I really, really want to add one more but since I have not technically started it, I can't add it to the list. 

The new additions to the list were all from the 1990's!


I had moved this stack around before and had no clue where the pattern was. I had a thought, I know it was back when I started quilting around 1992. My first quilt was a four patch baby quilt from an Introduction to Quilting 101, The Basics. It is hanging on a crib in my Mom's house up in Vermont. I think I had a friend getting married and I thought about making a quilt for a gift. I knew it was in this book and based on the pattern and the blocks completed so far... I think it is Sunrise Surprise. 

The second one is a bunch of 2 inch squares that go from dark to light and then there are butterfly's that are fused onto the quilt. Might this get some attention this quarter?


Then there is this cute little quilt of a birdhouse. I still think it is cute despite the foundation piecing. Maybe I can deal with the persnickity piecing enough to get this one finished? I found I really dislike this technique but maybe I can come up with something?

There was also a couple of jelly rolls with some patterns in that bin. One is a Cactus Wreath in red and green that I really want to make. Alas, it is not started so I can't add it to the list but I might just jump in and make it anyway! I do need to find or get a few yards of background for that one.  

I also found 4 unfinished stockings in a victorian style. I think they just need a cuff added to them. Maybe I can get them finished up in time for Christmas this year? We will see.

My week has been busy. I took Emily to scouts Monday night and got a little crochet in while they worked on their Silver Award. Emily had her fall band concert on Tuesday. They have a new music teacher this year but we were lucky to have had her for a few years in elementary school when she first started teaching. The chorus preformed 3 songs, then the beginning band did a few beginning notes with their 3-5 weeks of playing their instruments. The advanced band played last and after their first song, the clapping and cheering was awesome and they sounded great! 
Wednesday both kids were late pick ups with book club and the older one volunteering for a bit at the middle school. Thursday, I rode Elwood for my 4th riding lesson. Trotting and posting and I can feel the inner thigh a bit today but not bad. I headed to Boot Barn after my lesson and got some cowboy boots! An early birthday present for me.  Now I can wear them to the barn instead of my sneakers. After that,  some errands to the pet store, gas in the car, through the car wash and a vacuum inside then home to eat a late lunch before I had to go get the kids from school. Hubby got a new fryer, so he grabbed some groceries and we did a fish and onion ring fry last night for dinner. After cleaning up, Emily and I took Bear for a walk to get some of his energy out. He really wanted to be in the kitchen with the fish but we ended up shutting him and Emily in her room so no one got splattered with oil.
Tonight, it is a one kid pick up after school. The other is staying and will head over and join the high school band playing in the stands at the football game tonight. This was to be my week last week before Ian changed up the schedule by a week.
The kids are off Monday but it is a teacher workday to enter all the grades for the first quarter. Since they don't like being taken out of school, I scheduled dentist appointments for them in the morning Monday and doctor yearly checkups for the afternoon! Guess I need to take the day off too!



3 comments:

Julierose said...

You are certainly on the go!! No wonder you didn't get any sewing in; I haven't really done any either much--just getting my system back to normal. I am not so sure that I like the lego-style block after all either--it may be put away...hugs, julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You found all kinds of fun surprises in that tub! I love the birdhouse mini - something smaller might make a fun and satisfying finish. And boots for riding - you're getting serious! Have a great weekend, Deb!

Quilter Kathy said...

You sound so much like me! Isn’t it fun to find old treasures!?