Monday, October 17, 2022

Accuquilt Row House Sew Along.

 I have the 8 inch cube and other than using one shape to help make my HST's for the Garden Path Block, I have not used any of the other seven shapes! I saw this cute row house sew along and it uses a few of the shapes I have not used yet. I figured it was a good opportunity to use some Kansas Troubles Fabrics that I love and make a cute table runner. I'm calling this my 'joyful' challenge for October but will only be using some darker greens instead of the light and bright greens of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Those fabrics are just tickled pink to get out of the bottom drawer and get used in this project. For the background I went with some blue print scraps that were hanging out on the cutting board after I trimmed the Crossed Canoe quilt Sunday morning.

I'll have to wait and sew the parts another day though, someone decided the machine needed to stay off! Silly Peanut.


I think this will be the house with a different roof for each of the 4 houses.


These will be made into trees - 4 sets of trees

This is a photo of the runner.


With a busy week we will see how it goes. The trees and houses are cut out so sewing them up in little bits of time should be easy to do. 
Monday - scouts - girls are making pizza's, guitar for Aidan. Late pick up for Em mandatory FFA chapter animal meeting.
Tuesday - we have a meeting at school with Aidan for 9th grade gifted. Late pick up with FFA meeting.
Wednesday - the girl has an early 6:30 am drop off and a full day trip to Georgia with the FFA/Ag class. Aidan is volunteering after school until 6 - so I get to work late!
Thursday night we have a parent meeting on the DC trip in December.
Friday night - I am finally doing a lady's night at the barn riding horses for games, then wine and appetizers and chatting afterwards. Emily probably has early drop off for Horse Evaluation studying.


8 comments:

Julierose said...

Your week is really a full one.
The houses and Trees runner looks to be a fun project...
Hugs, Julierose

Ray and Jeanne said...

These houses are going to be very cute! I like your color choices. Enjoy your week - looks like a reward on Friday! ~Jeanne

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

It's always fun to get to play with 'new' toys--esp when you have had them for awhile--love how the plan is coming along--
And you don't have to worry about getting bored with all those kiddo's activities and pick ups and drop offs!!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Busy week, but looks like a fun sew-along to lure you into the sewing room! Ladies night at the stables sounds like lots of fun!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I like the look of your houses sew along! Looking forward to seeing how they turn out :) Have a great week! xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh I have to be careful reading this one Deb...I've always wanted to sew a house quilt. Have a couple of patterns around here somewhere. Love those fabrics too. Nice activities this week including a Ladies Night. Fantastic!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

your houses are looking very cute - as is your cat!
Jillxo

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Your houses are looking super-cute, as is your cat!
Jillxo