The Table Scrap Challenge this month was light or bright greens with the RSC and something 'Joyful'. It gave me joy to play with some new dies in my Cube for Accuquilt that I have not tried before. I also pulled some Kansas Trouble Fabrics that always make me smile. Playing along with a sew along was an added bonus! All in all, this project was a joy to create, and I love how it turned out.
Now I went a little rogue - and added the binding before quilting it. I knew it needed to get bound for this post, but I am planning to add some hand quilting to this in the house, trees and probably some in the brown ground area and maybe the outer border. There is F1 this weekend so I should have plenty of time to add that stitching in.
Emily and I just got back from the fairgrounds where there was training for the record books, buyer letters and some instruction on how to show the heifer and what the judges are looking for. We also did a tour of the grounds. Emily was feeling better today, and the Sudafed kicked in so there was minimal blowing her nose and coughing during the 2 hours we were there. There was a pile of Kleenex in the car on the way there before the Sudafed kicked in! The kids informed me I need to go sign out another box of Sudafed from the pharmacy as they are down to 2 pills. Trust me, the off brand does not work as well as the real Sudafed.