Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Advent box wrap up!

 Day 20 - a little pincushion project.


Day 21 - A tin of post it notes in various sizes


Day 22 - A little sewing kit with a teeny tiny rotary cutter!


Day 23 - A really fun mug that matches one of the dishes from day 4!




Day 24 -  A book

The Haunting of Quilters Square - by Hillary Doan Sperry.


Day 25 - a project carry case



I'm sad there was no present to open this morning! I enjoyed opening up all the gifts and really hope to do some of the projects this week - at least the trees, pincushion and embroidery birds.  It sounds like next year's box goes on pre-order sale tomorrow for a few days! 


Saturday, I ran a few errands and am glad I opted not to try the mall for a few last minute gifts! Seems there was a targeted shooting with the possible shooter identified but not in custody yet. Sunday, we headed to my MIL's for the evening. We met up with them at Outback for a pre-birthday dinner for Papa Andy who turned 91 on Christmas day. Then we headed back to her house to open gifts and play a few games for the 'funny' gifts she gets each year. We play various games and whomever wins, get to pick first and is out of the running, etc. Christmas is her favorite holiday, so she does it up big. Might be why my kids tended to only get 3 gifts on Christmas from Santa/us! I decided not to compete with Grandma when they were babies!

Christmas morning, the kids always have us open the presents they got us (parents) first. I know, my kids are nuts! I had to do their search to 'find a present clues' for them again this year. Then Aidan made us waffles for breakfast with the waffle iron. We headed over to visit Grandpa Tom around lunchtime and brought a Taco Salad, which he loves. I'm guessing that is long gone by now! Then home for a relaxing rest of the day. Aidan wanted to try one of the new games, so we played a Brand card game last night. I guess I need to brush up on what different logo's look like around the world, where they originated and when! Aidan beat me pretty badly. 

Back to work today, but I did finally trim the bear paw quilt at lunch. Now I just need to make and attach the binding and then I can finish quilting those border HST's. It is much easier once the binding is on!

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

some people just love Christmas so much and spend so much! I'm glad that as my kids got older we started to back off on spending so much - we over indulged when they were small maybe because Mike and I both grew up in poor families we wanted them to have what we didn't?
Love the coffee mug - was that Missouri Star that you took part in for the mystery gifts?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That was a really fun mystery box - I love all the projects and the mug especially! Your Christmas sounds fun, too. We heard about the mall shooter on the news. Was that close to your house? I just hate that we seem to have that happening everywhere these days.