Friday, December 15, 2023

Friday....

 Very little stitching happening. Sigh. With a very rainy and windy weekend on tap I really hope to change that! I see stitching and baking in my future!



Some animal photo's for you.

The girls. left to right are Poppy, Eggnog, Maple, DC and Buttercup. The two new ones - Eggnog and Buttercup are laying eggs daily - a green and a brown. The other 3 should be done molting soon, and once their crowns get red again I think we should get eggs from 2 of them. 

Ollie closest and Peanut. They were curled up together in their sling but moved once I got a camera. Silly boys.

This is the kids last full week of school. All finals but one class period (3rd) are completed. They have 2 more days before they are off for the holiday. 

Wednesday morning, Greg put his back out! I ended up running his errands Wednesday - after picking up the kids. A trip over to drop things off to his Dad, in rush hour evening traffic. While I was gone, the kids put up the outside Christmas lights for me. Thursday I drove the kids to school and then dropped Greg to the ER on my way for bloodwork. I picked him up on my way back...... 1 hour and 10 minutes and he was released with a shot, prescriptions for pain and anti-inflammatory stuff and he was sent home! Very fast, and I'm guessing he wishes he went on Wednesday! It is getting better each day, thank goodness. He said it was similar pain to 2020 when he landed in the hospital! 

I dropped kids to school today, then work, walked the dog at lunch and back to work before picking up Aidan from school. Emily has a band party after school, so she is a 5PM pick up. The chickens got some yard time this morning as well. Aidan is in charge of dinner  - probably stromboli or a calzone or pizza!

We also got a bearded dragon last night for a week. Emily's friend Jasilynn dropped him off for a week while their family is away on a cruise. Emily got up early to give him his crickets and salad before heading to school. 


Off to go get the other kid! I swear I live in my car.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope Greg's back improves quickly I remember back when you had to get him to the hospital for awhile. Now here is a silly question for you - why do the hens have different color eggs and do you know in advance that they won't be white shells? just curious lol so good of the kids to get the outside lights up! you have some pretty good kids there.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Same at my house as far as not much sewing goes, and my kids are grown! It's just that time of year. Bearded dragons are interesting! I had a student who had them and he brought them to visit my class every year from when he was in 5th grade until he graduated from high school. Have a great weekend!

Julierose said...

Hope Greg's back improves for him; not fun anytime but especially at this busiest time of year!!
My DH just had one of his obstruction events!! It managed to clear up without going to ER this time...but it was touch and go for yesterday...he's better today.
And then, my son Jeff tested positive for Covid the 14th...he's isolating in his bedroom to protect the rest of the family as best as he can. He will do that for 5 days and then mask for ten. He cannot go back to teaching until he tests negative and doesn't have any symptoms...and so it goes...
hugs and sending healing thoughts your way Julierose