Friday, December 22, 2023

Progress....

 I decided to take a 'sick' day. I got Emily's head cold on Wednesday (when way too many things hit at once but thankfully everything turned out fine!), had lots of running around yesterday and decided a 'do nothing' day would be a good thing to try and feel better for the weekend. I'm hopeful it worked as I did nothing but hand quilt and watch movies all day. 

Which leads to the progress..... I have all of the center of the bear paw hand quilted. I just have the HST's all around the outside. I think I'll cut and attach the binding (while fixing a few seams on the edge I found while quilting) and then finish the hand quilting. I did that with the snowmen, and it worked out great, so I'll do that again! I don't have more of the blue fabric from the front. Not sure if I have enough of the background fabric that I have pinned to the front to cut to make a binding out of....or I could go with a white. I'll decide Saturday. I'm not sure I like the corner triangles either. I think it needs more stitching so the curve part might get taken out or something more added to the middle section. We'll see what I decide tomorrow. 


I managed to do surgery on Lambie. I tried to do the bear, but Bear took it and put him by lambie and laid down. They both have been up high on the top of the tv stand waiting for some stitches to close the holes. He just moved to the couch, so I'll try and get the bear stitched up while we watch Disney's Grinch movie.






3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope your crud doesn't last too long, and especially that you're better for Christmas! Your quilting on the Bear Paw quilt is looking lovely. That Bear is so cute with his stuffed animals!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful work on the quilting, Deb. Congrats on closing in on a UFO Club finish! Here's hoping you feel better for the holiday.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Sure hope you are feeling better soon.