Sunday, December 10, 2023

Slow Sunday

 I had help yesterday from Aidan to finally get the rest of the house decorated for Christmas. The inside anyway! He did a great job and I enjoy seeing all my 'things' out reminding me of Christmases past. 

I was able to pull out this Bear Paw and added some hand quilting stitches to the top 2 corner blocks while waiting for a text letting me know what time to pick up Emily from school. They had their last parade yesterday and it was a night one. We dropped her off around noon to help make sandwiches for the band's dinner, and get a couple of volunteer hours. They arrived around 3 to the staging area and then had to wait for the parade to start at 5:30. They were towards the end (#92) so did not head out until well after 6 and it was a full hour on the parade route. My text from her once back on the bus was in all caps, bring cold water! It was around 80 and sunny today. Her pickup time was 8:30ish last night. I did enjoy seeing all the Christmas lights along the way to school and back. 



I need to take Emily shopping for some secret Santa gifts today (band and scouts) then she is headed to a friend's house in the afternoon. She has a winter concert tomorrow night at school. Aidan is headed to Grandma's house for the day. That means if I really want to get a quilt pinned, I need to get it done this morning, while everyone is still sleeping. I seem to get stuck at this stage a lot, but I really want this Christmas Cactus Wreath quilt finished so I can hang it on my wall this year. 

Tonight, I'll be hand quilting another half feather ring into one of the side triangles on the bear paw. I'd love to get this quilt completed this month, but we will see if time allows.

Linking up with the Sunday Slow Stitchers.


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a pretty pattern love the Christmas Cactus Wreath I don't thing I have seen this before

Angela said...

Such pretty quilts!

Julierose said...

Love your new "header" quilt;))) Good job getting all your decorating done, too. I just found a white Christmas cactus this morning on my mini grocery run...now there are 3 --making us a mini garden spot...what fun...
I love your Christmas cactus wreath piece--so pretty..it looks quite the challenge to put together...nice work hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...


glad you got help and got the house inside all decorated--And your Cactus wreath quilt it so pretty --hopefully you got it all together this morning--
I did Christmas cards this morning--!!
Hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you're getting close on the Bear Paw quilt! The Christmas Cactus top is just beautiful - hope you get to hang it up this year, too. Have a great Sunday!

CathieJ said...

The Christmas Cactus Wreath is beautiful. I remember those days of being a carpool mom. Always trying to fit other things in before drop off or pick up. Enjoy your stitching.