Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last Slow Sunday of 2023

 I've had a relaxing day of pinning a quilt for quilting, machine quilting it and then making and attaching a binding. Time to hand stitch that binding to the back to finish off this hand pieced green and cream tumbler quilt I made a few years ago. I have about 300 inches of binding to stitch on this one. I do not anticipate finishing it this year, but it will be a finish in 2024!



I also have some blue binding to stitch on the Bear Paw. That one is only about 200 inches of binding to go I believe. Then some more hand quilting in the last border of HST's is needed. This will also be a finish in 2024.


I'll probably stitch a little on one or the other tonight while watching a movie. First, I think I'll start tucking away the Christmas thing and pull out the snowmen and snowflake things to decorate for the month of January. I'll hold off on the tree until tomorrow, I think. 




I

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to start getting the Christmas stuff packed up but will do a box or two a day I think this week and that way maybe I will still have time to work on other things
Happy New Year

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's great that you have a quilt quilted and ready for binding! I have two tops on the list that are ready for that step and just need to make myself baste and quilt. Happy New Year, Deb!

Jenny said...

Stitching binding is always a favourite task for me.

Angie said...

Deb - I am not a quilter, but I have friends and family members who are, so I know what it means to be at the binding stage! Almost to the finish line! Beautiful colors - I have always been partial to earth tones. I am linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching for the first time - I am number 22 if you want to stop by. Happy New Year!