Monday, December 4, 2023

Christmas quilty box

 Spoiler alert. If you don't want to know the first 4 days of the Missouri Star Quilt Co Jenny's countdown to Christmas box, then stop reading now! I don't think I am breaking any rules by posting these. It says not to share before the date to open them and since it is the 4th, I think I am safe! The Flat Chuck that came in the box wanted to be in the photo's.

Day 1 - I managed to wait until the first day of December to open my first gift. Ok, I might have peeked the night before. The Facebook group was very helpful and let us newbies know that if there is fabric, there is probably a pattern to go with it coming soon! So, I just petted the fabric as it sat on my home office desk until day 2. Isn't it sew cute! There are 21 sets of fun prints for sn-ugly sweaters.

Day 2 - they were right! A pattern, some fusible web and a template. How cute is this? The template could also be an ornament. They had a video on how to use the fusible and template to make the little quilt.

Day 3 - this one I did not cheat but I opened it as soon as I got home from the Drive in around 7:40 AM Sunday morning ... right after I made my cup of coffee! I do love these flat headed pins.

Day 4 - I was also good and waited for Monday morning to open it. 4 little plates. How cute are these. Dishwasher safe but not microwave safe...if my old eyes read it correctly. I might need to find my level 1 readers and double check.

I think I got enough sleep last night to make up for not getting much Saturday night. It was a very busy day at work.... so busy I kinda forgot to log off at 2:30 to go get Aidan! I looked at the clock on the computer and it said 2:58! Oops! I answered an e-mail and indicated I just saw the time and I am late to go get a kid! I texted him before I left so he knew I was running late. I got there about 15 minutes after school got out. He was fine, chatting with friends.  I sent Greg to get Emily for 5PM. She had a symphony band practice after school. This way they can all practice together before the concert next Monday night. That allowed me to prep all the veggies for veggie lo mein for dinner tonight. It was ready right at 5:30 when they got home. 


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute stuff! I had never got the mystery boxes.

Julierose said...

Really neat surprises popping out of your Advent box--those little plates are so adorable...
I "NEED" to do some mindless sewing today--my hands are sore from slow stitching my Bramble QAL yesterday and doing my one row of crochet on my blankie [ :))) ].
Should I do more Ojos? Start a large center log cabin like the one I saw on "Objects of Design"' blog?? [be a copycat? hahaha] or
start cutting triangles from scraps for another quilt to be made sometime after the holidays? Decisions, decisions.

I got up early this morning and made us a lasagna for dinner tonight using my "overnight" lasagna recipe with those oven-ready noodles you don't have to precook...coffee now and resting while deciding
Hope your day is a good one Hugs, Julierose {a bit wordy today..;)))}

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like fun! Is the pattern for making the sweater blocks? They look cute! I've never done that either - what a fun gift for yourself!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I saw those boxes and knew they would be a good deal but with our exchange, a bit much. But MS has the best postage to Canada...$10 which is awesome. Anyway, now I get to enjoy them through you...neat stuff for sure. Little treats are the best. Enjoy, Deb!