Saturday, December 9, 2023

More Christmas Countdown box!

 Since I have not done any sewing (or finished Christmas decorating!) I'll share the presents I got in the Missouri Star Quilt Company box! I did make a couple of batches of cookies this week and did some shopping for a countdown for the kids. I have yet to put their things into their Christmas Countdown snakes. I will do that today. Emily wanted her present first thing today and was asking for her snake! I went and pulled out today's gift and handed it to her. A Christmas ornament of Mario from Super Mario Brothers. They did the Nintendo theme including Mario brothers for their marching band program this year. I thought it was perfect! I got an eye roll from her! Going with the ornament theme, Aidan gets and ELF movie VHS. I could not find anything 'good' for him in my allotted time Thursday shopping. We do love this movie and he was looking through all my VHS video's last week.


Onto the box.....
Day 5 - these foam Christmas trees with a pattern and video on how to twist the fabric to go on it. I think I might do mine with ribbon. A project for tomorrow!



Day 6 is this cute little rolling pin with quilt designs. It came with a lemon shortbread recipe which I did make. I need to practice with using the pin...as my quilt blocks didn't show well. They were yummy though!





Day 7 was this charm pack of light blue, pink and red. I have learned if there is fabric there is usually a pattern or use for it coming in the next day!



Day 8 - a pattern to use the charm pack and a thermal batting so it can be used as a hot mat if you want to deviate a bit from the table runner.


Day 9 - a clip on light for your sewing machine with 2 brightnesses. It is a tap light and has a USB adapter for charging. 


Someone took over Emily's spot last night when she got up. Doesn't Bear look comfy all snuggled up in her blanket?

Today, I need to drop Emily off to school for noon for helping with making sandwiches for their dinner while waiting for the Christmas parade to start. They allotted 2 hours to make the things needed and then will head to line up for the 5:30 parade start. This one is a long one and it looks like no rain this time! I have convinced Aidan he needs to help Christmas the house today with me. I also need to rehang my quilt hangers back onto the wall and add my new one from last Christmas! 
I'd like to get my Christmas Cactus quilt pinned for quilting as well. We will see how much gets done! 



4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good luck with the rolling pin and hope it works - I bought a different one about 5 years ago that had a variety of designs on it and I never could get the designs to print - they weren't deep enough into the wood I think and no matter what recipe or how hard I pressed down you couldn't see the design in the dough especially not after they baked.

Julierose said...

Cute gifts from your Christmas box--like a fabric/quilty Advent Calendar...
Great that Aidan will help you to put up Christmas decorations...that is a big job...
I heat that Lewis told Verstappen that with Mercedes new car next year he's coming to "get him"!! Sounds like good fun is in store...
Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Christmas box from Missouri Star looks so fun! I like the pattern that came with the charm pack - it's making me think Valentine's Day. Hope you've gotten a chance to put up some Christmas at your house today!

Ray and Jeanne said...

What fun things! I love that little quilt block rolling pin - how cute! ~Jeanne