Saturday, December 30, 2023

ABC Table Scrap Challenge

 After sewing together the Christmas Cactus Wreath pattern this fall, I had lots of these extra stitch and flip corners in greens and reds. I used them as leader and enders and made them into HST's. Today, I took some time and stitched them into twosies, foursies and then a cute little topper.



I sewed two cast off edges from another quilt backing into a square and imagine my surprise when I flipped it over after quilting, only to discover I put it wrong side out! Oops. I'm not fixing it!



A few stitches by hand to finish off the binding and here is probably my last finish for 2023.  The table scrap challenge used letters this year along with colors. The color selection was rainbow. Well, I got a couple of colors of the rainbow used. As for the letters, S,H and E. Hmmmm. 
The Elves are Sure to like this Homemade little quilt. 


It is the perfect size for Chilly the elf, after all!






Linking up with the RSC Challenge and The Joyful Quilter.


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That turned out really cute, Deb! Love that HST design. Chilly really did need his own quilt - hopefully now he won't be quite so chilly, lol!

Julierose said...

Oh how adorable for your Elf on the Shelf, Deb--I should make a little one for my grandgirls' Elf...hugs, Julierose

Mari said...

Every stuffie needs a quilt, even the elves! Adorable little topper! Happy new year!

Jenny said...

Hello Chilly, love your new quilt!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great use of your left over triangles. The elf is Chilly no more.

The Joyful Quilter said...

ROFL!! What a sweet table topper, Deb, and Chilly seems happy with his new quilt. I absolutely LOVE your creative use of the letter prompts for this month!!