Friday, September 7, 2012

Feeling Orange

I can't help but think of the episode of The Big Bang Theory when I think of 'feeling orange'. That Sheldon is a hoot.

I got to sew some more pinwheels this week in orange.



I've also found most of those 'bonus' triangles from making the pinwheels. I have an idea for the use of them and have the basket of HST and pairs next to the sewing machine and sew a few in between doing other things. They are growing fast. I did not trim them up and will just do that after they are all together. I plan to put these in the border of one of the quilts and will offset each side with a strip of cream/white and have them staggered around the border. That is the thought but we'll see if it happens when the quilt is closer to the putting together stage.

Here is a picture of all the blocks I have made so far this year with three leftover from what I won from my guild in VT a few years ago. I think I want 20 blocks in each quilt so I have a bit more of these to make.




Head on over to Soscrappy on Saturday and see what other orange goodness is happening this week.

9 comments:

Sheila said...

I love these colorful pinwheels!

Kristie said...

Awwww...I love them! So pretty!
Kristie

scraphappy said...

It is going to be a fun quilt. Still a little time to decide how to finish it off.

Cyn said...

Great pinwheels. It's fun to see them all laying together.

Kate said...

Beautiful pinwheels. Love both the layouts you have going. Both will be gorgeous quilts when completed.

Angie said...

All the pinwheels look great - and lots of creative ways to finish them off!

Edith said...

Pretty pinwheels, they look great all together.

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun! When I see the blocks laid out like that, I think I would want to put a colour coordinated yoyo in the centre of each one...FUN!

Elly D said...

Oh WOW! Your orange blocks look fabulous! And your RSC is coming along a treat! It is going to be one beautiful quilt.