Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday.....

It feels so strange to not be heading into work today! Hubby went in to greet the truck delivery and then will head back home. We had a few things customers were waiting for that they can pick up tomorrow.

On tap is a family BBQ since the boy is finally feeling better today. Miss Em got to have a camp out last night with Daddy (2 person tent set up in the play room for Daddy and Emily to camp out in). Mommy insists she doesn't camp so I got to sleep in my nice bed. Aidan tried a few weeks ago but would not settle down and ended up in his bed.

Last night I got to make this block for the Grandmothers choice BOW that Barbara Brackman is hosting this year. It started on Saturday so there is time for you to join in the fun. Now someone remind me I really don't need to do one of these in blue and white. I have way too many things in process..... but wouldn't it look really neat as a blue/white block and quilt? This green/purple/cream one will be completely pulled from my stash so it will be pretty scrappy.
Have a great holiday for those in the US and a great Monday for everyone else!


4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Your Grandmother's Choice block is lovely. I decided NOT to join in another project right now, but I am thinking about doing some of the blocks in Midget size and adding them to my collection. Not a new project at all, but still quilting along. Enjoy your barbeque today, it should be nice weather.

Kristie said...

Sounds like your little one had a nice time with daddy. :)

I got my Grandmother's Choice block made this morning. I also used greens and purples from my stash and scraps. I love how yours turned out, it looks great!

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Sheila said...

Very nice Grandmother's Choice block. I fell for that "block of the week" challenge, too. Like I need another project!

Cyn said...

Your Grandmother's Choice block is really nice. I had to pass this BOM - for once I used my head! lol. I'll root you on, though!
Glad the kidlet is feeling better. The campout sounds like it was fun. I remember doing that with our kids. Great memories!