Thursday, September 6, 2012

What would you do?

What do you do when you have 2 very ripe banana and 2 very ripe pears sitting in the fruit basket? We decided to put them all into some banana muffins!

3 banana, mashed (or 2 banana and 2 pears as we did today!)
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, melted

Mix and put into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or mini muffins for 10-15 minutes.
We tend to add mini chocolate chips to ours. It will make 12 big muffins or around 48 mini muffins. We did 6 big and 24 small ones today. Here is my little baker with her muffins. She peeled the banana and mashed them, measured the flour and sugar and stirred the batter for me. A great little helper.

Now we have a snack for when we pick up brother from preschool. He is starved when we pick him up at 11. His breakfast at home (and breakfast at school at 8AM) is long gone in those three hours. Today he had oatmeal and some danish at home with juice and water. Not sure what he'll get at school today but it will be milk and something with a fruit. I have a hungry boy in the mornings. Em.... not so much. She eats about 2 hours after she gets up!
I see sewing this afternoon in my future as long as they nap for me. I think it will be a little orange sewing and some pillowcases.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

She is so sweet. Thanks for the recipe. I usually buy muffin mixes, add milk. The grandchildren love to make them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yum! Pass one over here!

Cyn said...

Pears! What a grand idea. You are so clever... thank you!
BTW, would you be so kind as to send a few of those yummy muffins my way??? Puuuullllllease?!